Thursday, June 14, 2012

You're A Grand Old Flag

Hi, guys!  Happy Flag Day!  Believe it or not, I send Flag Day Cards.  I am one of 6 siblings and my youngest sister inadvertently started this tradition.  My sister is rather sarcastic in nature and very flip sometimes.  When I started making cards a while back, I made her one for July 4th. She looked at me and said "You would make a card for any holiday, even for bleeping Flag Day!"  I just laughed it off.  My late hubby Charlie witnessed this exchange and for the next ten months began saving flag stickers, labels and whatever flag-related item he came across.  I didn't know this until the end of May when he presented me with an envelope of his finds.  He told me to go make a card for my sister.  I will always remember how funny that was, and, yes, I made her a Flag Day card.  She was hysterical and this is my 10th year of sending one to her.    I thought I would share it with you today.

Supplies:
Stamps: Stampsmith
Paper: Ranger Core-dinations, Stampin' Up
Misc.: Cuttlebug Star Embossing Folder, Spellbinders Deckle Rectangle Dies, Tim Holtz Sander

I just discovered the Stampsmith line of stamps at a stamp show a few weeks back.  I fell in love with their images.

My husband Alan liked this card.  He asked if I could add another person to my Flag Day list and send one to his friend, who is a history professor.  So now there are two people getting cards this year.

On a serious note, please take a moment to honor our flag and give it the respect that it deserves.  So many have given the ultimate sacrifice so we can live freely and fly it with pride.

Have a great day, guys!

7 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Happy Flag Day to you too. We proudly fly Ole Glory at our house this day. Love this great patriotic card. Your embossed star background is fantastic. Such a treat.

Anonymous said...

Your Flag Day card is so cute! I love the way the embossed background looks!

Anonymous said...

Happy flag day to you to Winnie

Journey of Life said...

What an idea! I love how both your late and hubby support your talent! Happy Flag day!

Raquelle Clifton said...

Cute card Winnie! Love it! I agree we should be proud of our flag!! I'm hosting a blog hop on July 3 and we will be raising our flags til July 4th with honor! Thanks for sharing this!

PinkE

Nada Manley said...

Beautiful design! I love it! You are so talented!

Emkay said...

Love the cute story behind your flag day card. The card itself is great too!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!