Thursday, June 21, 2012

Grill or Be Grilled

Hi, guys!  Hope all is well.  We are having a major heat wave here, with temperatures in the upper 90s.  If you know me personally, you know I hate the heat.  All my new blogging friends have just learned something new about me!  I am hoping the weather breaks soon.  Nothing worse for me than trudging into the city on the subway in this heat.  The platforms are brutal and everything always seems to go wrong with the trains.  My commute today ended up extended from the usual 2 hours each way to 2.5 hours each way.  UGH!

Anyway, I thought I would pop in to tell you I haven't posted any new cards the last few days as my stamp room is out of commission while we get the new one ready.  I am hoping to be "in" my new room on the weekend and will share some new cards then.   In the meantime, I thought I would share a cookbook that I highly recommend to all those of you who love meat and are probably grilling right now!  The name of the book is "Steaks, Ribs, Chops" by Better Homes and Gardens.  I received this book many years ago from my sister when I first started cooking (okay, MANY years ago!).  I have been making some great recipes from there and highly recommend it.   Here is a picture of the grilled flank steak that I have been making using it.


The recipe calls for London Broil, but my husband and I prefer Flank or Skirt (if on sale!).   The key really is the fresh herbs in the marinade, if you ask me.  The basil, thyme, parsley and lots of garlic make it a winner.  Now that our herb garden is starting to grow, I see many marinated steaks being cooked on the grill this summer.  I have no affiliation with Better Homes and Gardens (or the Beef Council), just thought some of you may enjoy it.

Have a great day!


6 comments:

Notes from Maggie's Farm said...

Hi Winnie!
I am looking for some inexpensive treats to give to my secret-pal at church. She scrapbooks and enjoys paper arts. I knew just the person to ask--YOU! What would be fun for her that she might not already have, or maybe need more of?

Ann said...

Grilling is definitely the way to go with this heat! Fresh herbs in the marinade sound great - will have to check out this book. My husband loves steak!

Emkay said...

That steak looks yummy!

A new stamp room sounds exciting!

Darlynn Tacinelli said...

I LOVE marinated steak!! Yum! This makes me hungry!

Journey of Life said...

It looks so good! Btw., we never can get the steak grill to the right taste... I may try your recommendation!

Larissa T. said...

Ohh! Can't wait 'til you're all moved in to your new room! How exciting!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!