Thursday, June 28, 2012

June Design Team Submissions - Travel Theme

Hi, guys!  Hope everyone is doing well.  We are starting another heat wave here in NYC today.  Boy, am I not a happy camper.  So, when things get hot, I stamp!  It always makes me feel better.

Today I am going to start sharing my June Design Team Submissions for The Ink Pad NYC.  We were given stamps by Hero Arts that could work well for travel and vacation.    As soon as I thought of travel, my mind went directly to ... Paris, of course.  I know, it is an obsession of mine.  You would think I have been there more than once.   I decided to stamp an Eiffel Tower in the middle of the stamped image of the Polaroid picture.  Gosh, remember those cameras?  I used my glitter pen to make it sparkle just like the tower does in real life. I was given patterned papers and thought the arrow on it that reads "The Perfect Spot" was very fitting.





I decided to name the next card "Trains, Planes, and Automobiles"!  The fun travel paper with all the various forms of trasportation had me recalling that crazy movie with Steve Martin.  I used the plane and automobile stamps and cut them out with a circle punch and distressed them with my favorite ink ... yep, distress ink!   We were given cool wooden postcards and I stamped directly on it with archival ink.




It is funny to me how my card making can make me recall so many fun memories out of the blue.  When was the last time you thought of a fun vacation you went on, or a movie from many, many years ago?

Have a great day!  Hope you find some time in your day to do something you love!  I also hope you aren't too hot where you are.










3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Winnie, I love the cards, they are brilliant!
If you want you could send me some of that heat-wave problem! We are just waiting for the rain to stop so we can enjoy our summer! Greetz Dee

Lynn Mercurio said...

These are fantastic cards, Winnie. I hope one day to actually see the Eiffel Tower in person, and not just on postcards. Your creations really make me want to pack my bags and GO! Wonderful job...happy weekend and a blessed Independence Day.

Journey of Life said...

We are okay here --temperature wise! Like the Eiffel Tower!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!