Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Father Knows Best!

Hi, guys!  Father's Day is right around the corner and so I thought I would share a few cards I made for this great occasion. 

This first card I made for my father-in-law.  I used gold metal and embossed it with a fun embossing folder of various tools.  My husband told me his dad always works with tools and would love it. I sanded the metal down a bit to accentuate the embossing.



Supplies:
Stamps: Studio G
Paper: Ten Seconds Studio, Stampin' UP
Ink: Stampin' Up
Misc.: Craft Tools Embossing Folder



The next card I am sharing I made for a friend's father-in-law.  I decided to use the metal sheet again and emboss it with Tim Holtz's embossing folder of pocket watches.  I sanded this one, too. 




Supplies:
Stamps: Sweet & Sassy Stamps
Ink: Stampin' Up
Paper: Ten Seconds Studio, Stampin' Up


I am sure you noticed that I didn't share the one I have made for my dad.  I know he checks out my blog and don't want to ruin the surprise.  It is a fun one and I will share it after he receives it.

Have a great day!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Winnie, I love these cards! My favourite is the one with the pocketwatches. Combined with the gold it has this lovely steampunk-feel about it. I can't wait to see what you made for your dad! Greetz Dee

Marcy said...

Great Father's Day card! I really love the clock one-Love TH! :) I wish I had that embossing folder! :) I need to make my Father's Day cards this weekend and this is a great idea. TFS!!! :)

mother.wife.me said...

Great cards!! And hee hee, I came close to thinking it a good idea to take a photo of the home-made father's day card for my blog, but then realised it might ruin TT's daddy's surprise!!!

GED online said...

I've surfed the net more than three hours today, and your blog was the coolest of all. Thanks a lot, it is really useful to me

Barbara Bakes said...

Such clever, fun ideas. Perfect for Father's Day.

Journey of Life said...

OMG. I really loved the 2nd one--the one you made for your friend's father-in-law! That is way too cool! Simply beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!! I especially like the timepiece one. Your family is very lucky!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!