Friday, June 15, 2012

Father's Day Cards, Part II

Hi, guys!  TGIF!  It is nearly Father's Day so I thought I would share a few more cards I made to celebrate various dads.

This first one I made for a friend's husband.  They are a great couple with an adorable little girl.  I thought this card would sum up her love for her husband and how great a dad he is to their daughter.


Supplies:
Stamps: Stampin' Up
Paper: Stampin' Up, Strathmore Watercolor Paper
Ink: Archival Black, Tim Holtz Distress Markers
Misc.: Ribbon, Cuttlebug Embossing Plate

I enjoyed watercoloring the focal image.  I am enjoying the Tim Holtz Distress Markers.  I used my water brush to paint the color on like watercolor.  It is so fun and relaxing to do.  I computer generated the sentiment for the cover.

The next card is one I made for my friend Erich's dad.  I decided to use chalks to apply color to the image of the old-time truck.




Supplies:
Stamps: Sweet & Sassy Stamps
Paper: Stampin' Up, Gina K Designs (White)
Ink: Stampin' Up
Misc.: Stampin' Up Chalks

I hope you have a great weekend!  Have FUN!


3 comments:

Molly Jo said...

Wow, these are really great! I wish I could do stamping like this. I love your work!

my heart's love songs said...

as always, wonderful cards! i especially love that you used chalks on the second one.

Anonymous said...

Love this card


Irvina

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!