Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My Stamp Room is Now Underway!

Hi, guys!  Hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend.  It was a nice one here as we got to spend time with family and friends and barbecue.  My husband and I also have begun work on my stamp room!  I have a spare bedroom that we decided to turn into the stamp room.  The last few weeks we have been emptying it out of furniture a bit at a time.  Last night my hubby started painting the ceiling and today he is painting the walls.  I will be sharing the process with you as we go.  I am excited.   I currently have a nice stamping area in the basement, but it is rather dark and the temperature in the summer is unbearable for me (too hot and humid!) and in the wintertime it is cold.  This way I will be on the main floor and have more room for storage as well.  I am looking forward to a trip to IKEA to get the furniture for the room.  I have been designing this room in my head for awhile.

Stage 1 - Before painting



Stage 2 - Painting underway



The room will be a light shade of pink with white trim and ceiling.  It will definitely be MY room as I am a pink kinda gal.


Have a great day!












9 comments:

Unknown said...

O Winnie, how lovely that you finally get your own crafting area! I'm so happy for you!! And trips to IKEA are always something to look forward to! :-) Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Hi winnie sounds like your having fun and will have a pretty stamping room. Lucky girl to have a hubby that is so helpful and supportive! Marcia

kathi17 said...

Congratulations on the new stamp room, it sounds like it will be pretty, and so much nicer than the basement!

SandeeNC said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh looks like it's going to be lovely, keep the pictures of progress coming, from the hills of North Carolina :)and have fun shopping for the furniture too!

Christina said...

That's awesome. It's like never-ending, granite counter tops for the cook!

Linda said...

Hi Winnie,
The Stamp Room looks like it's going to be fab. You're so lucky designing it all from scratch - have fun! Thanks for the lovely comment over on my Blog. xx

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I would be bouncing off the walls to be putting a stamping room together. :0) Glad you are making it totally "yours," too, with the pink wall color!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog yesterday AND for the comments on my card at SplitCost - it is so very much appreciated!!!

God bless,
Chrissy

Barbara Bakes said...

How fun to have a whole room for your stamping. Enjoy!

D'Elle said...

Love that you're going to have your own craft room!! So wish I had enough space to have a room dedicated to "creating".

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!