Thursday, May 24, 2012

May Design Team Submissions - French Inspired

Bonjour! (I couldn't resist!)  Hope you are having a great day.  I mentioned yesterday that I would share the last of my May submissions for The Ink Pad's design team.  These cards are French inspired. If you know me personally you know that I LOVE Paris!  I was lucky enough to get there once.  It was a trip I will always remember.  My husband will tell you I am a bit obsessed with my love of France and Paris, pointing out all the pictures, art and Eiffel Towers all around our home.   I hope to get there again someday.  In the meantime, I will create with it in mind!

This month I was given papers that had great French images, French scripts etc.  I thought it would be fun to make cards with a French feel.

The first card I am sharing had lovely French script on the paper and I thought it would be fun to use a dress form from Stampers Anonymous.  I used Alpha letters from Tim Holtz to write out Merci.  I was given great linen tape ribbon that I thought would go well with the dress form.



The second card also features lovely French paper.  When I saw it I knew I had to pull out the Sizzix/Hero Arts stamp and die cut set.  I used a Sakura glitter pen for the Eiffel Tower image. 



My husband wasn't surprised when I showed him these two cards as he said it was only a matter of time before I had an Eiffel Tower on one of them.  

Hope you enjoyed looking at my submissions. It was fun sharing them with you.


15 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said...

Hi Winnie! So glad you stopped by my blog and left such a sweet comment! Love your french inspired creations! I just adore french script!!!

Larissa T. said...

Oh la la! Trés jolie!!

Anonymous said...

that top card is gorgeous! both are pretty tho:)

Lynn Mercurio said...

Nuthin' wrong with crafting about what you love, and it sounds like you truly enjoyed your trip to Paris. Both of these are amazing and sure capture your Parisian love.

pegs said...

Winnie! You are so talented! I love these!

paige said...

Winnie, both of these cards are so creative and clever!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Good luck with the design team! This card is great...love the theme!

Anonymous said...

Love all 6 cards, you make it very hard to pick a favorite. Best of luck with the design team!!!


Irvina

Joan Ervin said...

Oooh la la...both cards are fabulous!!!!! I love all the French themed stamps and details you used...good luck with the DT !!!!

Marybeth said...

Oh , both cards are so sweet , love the French paper! Good luck with the DT!

Marcy said...

Winnie, I love both your cards. I love Paris too and dressforms! Awesome cards and good luck with the DT :)

Unknown said...

C'est ci bon!

Alicia said...

Ahhh paris! I have a friend who just went lucky girl . I love all your paris cards great job .... thanks for leaving such a nice comment on my blog

Anonymous said...

Winnie I love the style card so cute really has that french feel. Marcia

Hetty said...

Thans so much for your compliment on my Craft Chaos blog. Your atc's are both lovely too in that French style.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!