Sunday, May 20, 2012

A 1st Birthday Card, Campfire Potatoes and Bourbon Glazed Pork Chops

Hi, guys!  Hope your weekend is going well.  The weather here is so beautiful this weekend.  We were able to spend time today having a barbecue and relaxing in our garden.  It was such a wonderful way to relax before work begins tomorrow!

By the subject of my post, you can see I want to share a few things with you today.  The first is another birthday card for my friend's daughter Victoria who is turning 1. You will remember I shared one I made for her parents last week.  After seeing that card at work on Friday, I had a request from another friend to make one for Victoria for her.   So I wanted it to be cute and fun but look different than the other one.  I think I was successful!

Supplies:
Stamps: Stampin' Up
Paper: Stampin' Up
Ink: Distress ink (can't keep my hands off that for some reason!), Memento Black, Copics
Misc.: Scalloped Marvy Punch

I was mentioning before the great day my husband and I had barbecuing in the garden.  I thought I would share a few pictures and recipes.   The first up is Campfire Potatoes.  These are so easy to make and are delicious!  I used to camp with my late husband and we would make these at each camping trip.  My young nephews had them for their first time when we took them camping.


You take a large cleaned potato, cut slits into the potato and stuff in thin slices of onion.  Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on salt and pepper.  Wrap them in tin foil (I use two layers of foil).


Please directly on the coals of your grill.  Close grill and cook.  Depending on the size of your potatoes, they will take 1 hr to 1 hr and half. Turn them half way through cooking.   If you are at camp, you can do the same thing with a campfire.  Put the wrapped potatoes in the fire.  Make sure the fire is NOT blazing anymore.   This is what you will have when they are done.


I love these!  I love to make them while we are eating our dinner and I will have them for the next morning (fried up as home fries with eggs).

The other yummy thing I thought I would share with you was our main dish tonight.  It was Bourbon Glazed Pork Chops.  I adapted this from a recipe I found on www.allrecipes.com.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pork-tenderloin-in-bourbon/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=pork%20tenderloin%20in%20bourbon&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page


The recipe called for pork tenderloin, but I used very thick boneless pork chops instead.  They were on sale and looked great.  They came out delicious.  I would highly recommend you give them a try.  We used Maker's Mark bourbon as it is what we have on hand here.

I know this isn't a cooking blog, but thought with the summer bbq season upon us, you may like to give these a try.

I will be sharing my submissions for the design team of The Inkpad NYC this week sometime.  I have been having a blast trying new stamps and other supplies.  I can't wait to share them with you.

Have a great week!  Until next time!

10 comments:

first birthday photo invitations said...

Grilled potatoes! So delicious!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh my Winnie...those potatoes look delicious and so easy to make, right. hummmmm, I can almost smell the onions from here!

Great first birthday card...that teddy is adorable.

Emkay said...

This post is making me hungry. Your potatoes and pork chops look lovely.

And you were successful, the card is definitely cute and fun.

Roxie said...

That food makes me hungry, it looks so good!

Very cute teddy bear for your card!

a.eye said...

Hope your presentation went well!!

Holly said...

I love this sweet card! This teddy bear is perfect for a little girl! The pics of the potatoes is making me hungry. Mmmmmm.....

Sam said...

I think your friend's daughter will love your teddy card. It is so cute!

I also really like the look of your potatoes. Like someone else said....you are making me hungry!

Best wishes
:-)

paige said...

Adorable card! I should not have looked at you r post so close to dinner time! Yum!

Anonymous said...

the card is precious! LOVE it!

and i think EVERY blog should have a recipe now and then, don't you? {smile}

Pearl Maple said...

Cute card and congrats on the special occassion

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!