Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Hoot of a Card!

Hi, guys!  Today I thought I would share with you a card I made for a friend of mine.  He requested a card for someone who liked skulls and/or owls.   I mentioned that I liked to use metal for embossing and he was on board with me using it on his card.



Supplies:
Paper: Ranger Specialty Stamping paper, Gina K Designs Black
Ink: Versafine, Distress inks, Distress Stain Picket Fence, Distress Markers
Stamp: Tattered Angels
Misc.: Cuttlebug embossing folder, Ten Second Studio metal sheet, Tim Holtz pin, clear embossing powder, water brush

I used a sheet of metal from Ten Second Studios for the background.  If you haven't used it, it is great to work with.  I then embossed it and sanded it with my sanding block. I used my distressing tool and my distress inks, too.  I used my new distress markers by Ranger and love them.  I love watercoloring so these made it easy.   This was one distressed card by the time I was finished with it.  My friend was very happy when I gave it to him today.  Can't wait to hear what his friend thought of it!

Hope you have a great day!  Looking forward to sharing more with you tomorrow.


6 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Oh wow -- love the texture the metal gives it! Have you ever used soda cans for metal? Here's a great tutorial on it (just in case your interested). http://www.sewcando.com/2010/07/weve-got-another-awesome-guest-for-this.html

Love your card -- great masculine design!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is amazing...what great texture and dimension the metal lends to this awesome project.

Bindhurani said...

Looking cool. Love that. I never done embossing.
Saw you on NaBloPoMo. I am Bindu Blogs. Glad I visited this blog. will come back to see your new creations.

Alison said...

Fabulous card, love the water-coloured owl, & embossed metal background! x

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a hoot! I love it! That looks like so much fun. Do you sell these cards? Because, I would definitely buy from you.

Hugs,
Erica

Rachael said...

That is gorgeous! I love the different techniques you used on this.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!