Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Masculine Birthday Card Using Metal

Hi, guys!  Hope all is well.  I thought I would share a card I made for a friend whose son is turning 19. Austin is a great guy and I have had the privilege of watching him grow from a sweet boy to a fine young man.   I decided to use metal in this card and to emboss it with letter print, as I understand he is enjoying writing now.  I then sanded the metal to age it and really show the embossing.  The edges were distressed with a distress tool, and Picket Fence Distress stain was used around the edges.  If you haven't worked with this Ten Seconds Studio metal before, I would recommend it.  It comes in great colors and is so fun to use.


Supplies:
Paper: Gina K Designs, Ten Seconds Studio Metal Sheet
Ink: Black Shoot Distress Ink, Picket Fence Distress Stain
Misc: Spellbinders Label, Twine, Tim Holtz Safety Pins, Black Gems, Distress Tool, Cuttlebug Embossing Plate

I hope Austin had a fun-filled birthday!

Have a great day!  I hope you find a few moments in your day to do something you love!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely card! I really like the way it turned out with the metal, awesome!

a.eye said...

What a neat idea to use metal!

Margaret said...

What a fabulous creation!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card! I love the metal embossing! I still need to get some of that picket fence stain. Absolutely handsome!

Anonymous said...

what a great card and fabulous idea! i love your creativity!

Hank hendricks said...

what a lovely creation..I like the way it turned out with like Metal business cards..thanks you share it.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!