Saturday, March 16, 2013

St. Paddy's Day Tag

Hi, guys! Gearing up for St. Paddy's Day on Sunday here!  I was asked to make a tag for my friend Ruth to give her husband for St. Paddy's Day.  She likes funny sayings, and wanted a bit of a twist on the sentiment.  She is funny, and last year her tag was telling her husband how lucky he was to have her, so I went with this one below this year.

Front of tag


Back of tag



I used Dylusion Sprays on this tag.  I had fun with them, and yes, my fingers got very inky. I like to spray things like this in a big box to prevent my overanxious self from spraying my area (yep, I have been known to get it everywhere!).

Supplies:
Stamps: Stampin' Up,STP Canadian Maple Collections
Ink: Distress Ink, Dylusions Sprays, Copic Markers
Paper: Ranger Manila Tag, Gina K (White)
Misc.: Bakers Twine (Green and Orange), Tim Holtz Tradition Token, Computer Generated Sentiment

I want to thank my hubby for giving me the fun sentiment, as he understood what I needed and phrased it perfectly.

Hope you have a great day!  I can't wait for the Corned Beef dinner (we will be having it on Saturday with my father in-law)!





7 comments:

Barb said...

I love the saying -- it goes perfectly with the stamp!

Liesl Garner said...

Fun! Have a great weekend!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Such a great tag, Winnie. So full of St. Patty's Day icons. A great project!

Thanks for your comment of congratulations, and I'm happy that you too are expecting a little blessing from heaven as well! It's all so exciting.

paige said...

Love the sentiment you chose! Great tag!

Joanne said...

I love the different shades of green - and that warm orange together.

Emkay said...

Great tag!

Ruth said...

I finally remembered to give Joe the tag yesterday - big smiles along with "YOU'RE my pot of gold?" He's so cute. Thanks Win for another piece of art to add to my "Winnie" collection :)

Yes, she went to Winnie...

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!