Thursday, March 28, 2013

Hello Friend (March Submission - 12 Tags of 2013)

Hi, guys! Hope all is well!  As you may remember, I am taking part in the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2013. Today I will be sharing the two tags I made for this challenge for the month of March.  I made two tags as I have a friend Ruth who loves my tags and so I am making double each month as one is set aside for her.  Ruth is not a crafter, but really enjoys handmade items, and she now is well versed on Tim's monthly tag project and his art.   Fun to share in the fun, right?

This month he did an Easter/Spring Theme.  I did not have his adorable mini bunny die, but Ruth was kind enough to give me a gift of his mini butterflies dies (Movers and Shapers) and so I knew I had to use them.





What do you think?  I think they turned out adorable, and even better, I enjoyed learning more about the use of the Distress Paints (I painted the metal flowers using the paints as Tim demonstrated).   One of the aspects of this challenge that I love is that we get to use the supplies we have on hand and try our hand at creating something uniquely our own with the techniques shown.  I really love how the tinsel butterflies turned out as well.  I used my Martha Stewart fringe scissors to make the grass and colored it with touches of Distress Ink.

Hope you liked these fun tags!  If you feel like you want to try some new fun techniques, I highly recommend you visit Tim's blog and try your hand at a tag!  You won't be sorry, and I bet you will be hooked too!

Until next time!




9 comments:

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love your take on Tim's tag. The fresh Springy colors are great and that distressed background print is beautiful. I used Martha' scissors to, which I don't get to use very often. You are so kind to make an extra tag for your friend. Have a blessed Resurrection Sunday with your family!

Emkay said...

They are so pretty. I especially love that grass.

Marlena M. said...

Fantastic tags! I love the grass~

Erin said...

They are beautiful!!

Jill said...

These are adorable, perfect for spring.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful tags! You should make a business of this! Shannon

Anonymous said...

i love the design



amanda

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love the butterfly die here! Fabulous take!!!!

Esther Asbury said...

What lovely tags -- I especially like the glittery butterflies -- so many wonderful details and so pretty!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!