Thursday, March 7, 2013

Religious Sympathy Card and Sympathy for Loss of a Family Pet

Hi, guys! Hope all is well!  I am going to share a few more sympathy cards I made this week. Unfortunately, I have had the need to make quite a few of them this past week.  I am hoping that I won't be needing to make more of them in a long while!

This first one up was made for a friend to give to a pet owner who lost their dog.  I embossed paws for the background on this one.


Supplies:
Stamps: Vap Scrap, Papertrey Iink, Rubber Stampede
Ink: Versafine Black, Stampin' Up , Distress Ink
Paper: Desert Storm, Gina K Designs (White)
Misc.: Clear Embossing Powder, Ribbon, Spellbinders Hearts Dies, Oval Punch

This next card was made for a friend who requested a religious sympathy card.


Supplies:
Stamps: Close To My Heart, Greenbrier International
Ink: Versamark, Archival Black, Distress Ink
Paper: Gina K Designs
Misc.: Ranger Gold Embossing Powder, Gold Cord

I heat embossed the Praying Hands image using Ranger Gold Embossing Powder.   I thought this was a simple design, but dramatic.

I hope the next round of cards I make and share are for some fun occasions!

Until next time!

9 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

I'm sorry you have a need for these sympathy card, but what lovely and uplifting creations you have made to give encouragement to those hurting.

I think non-pet owners don't understand the hurt from losing a pet and it's nice of you to show that you understand with that pet card. That paw print ribbon is so cute!

Esther Asbury said...

I love the embossed paws on the background of the first one -- adds a neat touch!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I have to say this is the first card I've seen like this for a pet. I wonder why that is. Pets are part of our family for years, so it only makes sense. Kudos to you! You are a good friend! It's cute and wonderful! Love the other as well, just beautiful with the gold embossed praying hands! Striking!

Barb said...

The second one is definitely dramatic but in a nice, simple way. They're both great, and I hope the people who receive them feel just a little better by the beauty of your cards.

Pamela said...

Love the praying hands on that shade of paper. So beautiful. It would be beautiful for a praying-for-you card, too.

Kate said...

You are so talented! Love the cards but sorry for both friends that needed them.

kel said...

sorry you needed to make them but they are both beautifully done.

Loki-Lou said...

They are such beautiful cards, and the little paw prints are a fabulous touch....it's just a shame that they're needed for such sad times.

Marcy said...

Those are both wonderful cards Winnie! I love the embossing on the prayer hands. I have the hardest time making sympathy cards and these are just perfect. I also hope your next projects are for happier occasion!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!