Wednesday, March 27, 2013

WOYWW 199 (Distress Paint Easter Card)

Hi, guys! It is Wednesday, so you know what I will be sharing today: what is on my work desk!  Today you will see that I have a variety of Distress Paints out and decided to use them to make an Easter Card. These paints are reactive with water just like the inks and they are very easy to get off your hands which is a bonus for me as some paints need more elbow grease to remove.





Also on my desk is my new Vagabond machine.  Yes, a new one as my old one went to Vagabond heaven due to my own mistake.  I was working on a lot of cards on Saturday evening and I got tired and distracted and made a wrong sandwich and jammed it very badly, to the point that I destroyed a plate in the process.  I was upset, to put it mildly.  My hubby was wonderful and took me to a few stores in search of a new one on Sunday.   I think to prevent myself from doing this again, I will be putting a curfew on my Vagabond use when it is late at night or when I am tired.  Too expensive a mistake to make again!  


Gosh, I knew I loved the machine, but when it was destroyed, I realized just how much I enjoy it and how much I use it.  So all is right in my stamp studio again!

Thank you, Julia, for this fun challenge!  I can't wait to see what others are working on this week!  I highly recommend you share a snapshot or two of what is on your work desk!  You can join in the fun here! It is a blast!

I wish all my WOYWW visitors a very Happy Easter and Passover!  Until next time!



19 comments:

Gibby Frogett said...

Morning Winnie - Happy WOYWW..I guess it wouldn't have been if you were still Vagabond-less..phew! glad thats sorted. Love your Easter card - great colours and stamps... I have to ask - what is that top right on first photo? it looks interesting but can't quite work out if its material, paper or just something you wipe your fingers on LOL ..have a great day... Gill x #75

Heathers Inspiration said...

I am a Vagabond fan too x
So sorry that it broke, but glad you could source a new one.
Happy Easter WOYWW heather #86

SandeeNC said...

So I hope you altered the old Vagabon machine, to me the best part of the machine is the suitcase look. :) Thanks for visiting my desk today, waving hi from the hills of North carolina ♥

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Glad you have managed to replace your Vagabond. i made a conscious decision not to have one as I felt it would be too easy to damage it. Also, I know at least one friend, whose machine has gone up in smoke through no fault to their own. Please can you send us some of that hot weather to melt our snow - hot being anything above freezing. Have a good week. xx Maggie #17

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh Winnie, I bet you felt so awful when you broke the machine....it's so easy to do things like that when you're not thinking straight. I have as well, so you're in good company :). How lovely that u got a brand new machine...enjoy it!
I love those bright, fresh greens and yellows on the card...true springtime colours...we really need some of that in the UK at the moment!!
Hugs, LLJ 59 xxxx

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Seen many destroyed vagabonds!! Fabulous card, and re mixed media get stuck on, you don't learn till you make lots of pieces fit for the bin!

Becky said...

Your card looks so fun! I had to laugh about the vagabond curfew :) glad you were able to get a new machine!

ria gall said...

wow what a costly mistake but what a wonderful OH.
I love your easter card the colours are so spring like I just hope we start to see these colours outside soon
Wishing you a very Happy Easter and a great day today
Ria

Lisa-Jane said...

Ouch to replacing the vagabond! I love the colours on your Easter card - so pretty!

Cestina said...

Glad you were able to replace your Vagabond so soon - a wise move to ban late night sessions on it!

Love the Easter card, must get round to sorting some out myself.

A Happy Easter from a snowy Czech Republic
Cestina
#38

Jerimi said...

I ADORE the color combinations on your "Happy Easter" card. Love, love, love.

Marjie Kemper said...

I feel your angst! Glad you have a supportive dh who clearly understood the necessity of a quick replacement :-)

Xiomara | Equis Place said...

Aw, may your old Vagabond machine rest in peace. I'm glad your husband took you to get a new one. Your cards are so beautiful. Love the distress ink.

Neet said...

Can your dh come and show mine what he should be doing please. What a treasure you have in that man.
Love your Distress work.

Happy Easter, thanks for your visit.
Hugs Neet xx

Esther Asbury said...

Sorry to hear about your "vagabond accident" -- bet you're happy to have a new one! Lovely Easter card -- isn't it fun playing with inks?!

CraftygasheadZo said...

Glad you got a new vagabond, always the way that we don't realise how much we need something until we can't use it any more. Thanks for popping by! Take care. Zo 117

Unknown said...

I have had problems with two Vagabonds breaking on me....sticking with my big shot now as I copes with everything. Hope you get on ok with your new one.
Karen #167

shazsilverwolf said...

I so agree- we don't realise just how vital something is to us, until it breaks! Love the colours on your car, haven't tried the paints yet. Have a great week, Hugs Shaz #144 xx

Twiglet said...

Love the Easter card! Happy Easter! x Jo

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!