Thursday, March 14, 2013

Shabby Chic Tea Cup Birthday Card

Hi, guys! Today I am sharing a birthday card that was commissioned by a friend for her to give to her husband's aunt.  After thinking about it a bit, I decided to use one of my favorite teacup stamps by Unity Stamps.  It is a large stamp, so I made a large card.  I heat embossed the teacup with white embossing powder on watercolor paper.  I used various antique color Distress Inks to apply color to the image.


Supplies:
Stamps: Unity Stamps
Paper: Gina K Designs, Watercolor paper, Paper Doily
Inks: Distress Inks, Versamark Ink, Distress Stains
Misc.:  Pearls, Seam Binding, Oval Punches, Computer Generated Name

I was going for a shabby chic/antique look for this card.  I added a doily that I applied Distress Inks to, and added pearls as well.  The ribbon is seam binding that is colored with Distress Stains and crumpled and dried to give it that aged look.

I am submitting this card for the Chic to be Shabby challenge over at:  http://simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.com/2013/03/challenge-chic-to-be-shabby.html
Do you have a creation that is Chic to be Shabby?  If so, why not submit yours too and join in the fun!

Hope you have a great day!  Until next time!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, I like this one.


Irvina

Xiomara | Equis Place said...

What a gorgeous work of art! I am always impressed by your creations. I'd be happy to receive such a shabby chic card. I especially love the inclusion of the doily.

Barb said...

Winnie, you're so talented! I love the doily -- it really adds just the right touch.

Redanne said...

A gorgeous shabby chic card Winnie, love the Kraft background as it really sets the cup and saucer off and the doily is a lovely finishing touch. Anne x

MiamiKel said...

WOW! This is a beauty!! What a charming card, so feminine and soft and all things lovely! This looks like a beautiful technique - impressive card! x0x0

Unknown said...

We know I'm not crafty, but you make me want to be! This is lovely!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely soft effect with your resist tea cup. Perfect for the shabby chic challenge. Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh I LOVE this beautiful teacup card!!! So very, very pretty!!!!!

Jill Norwood said...

This is beautiful my dear! I love tea and pretty teacups! Such a pretty stamp very beautifully embossed and inked! Gorgeous!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!