Wednesday, May 1, 2013

WOYWW #204 (Mica Gloss Madness)

Hi, guys! It is Wednesday, so you know what that means! I am welcoming you in to see what is on my work desk! If you are not familiar with WOYWW, please stop by and join in at http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/!  Thank you to Julia for this great fun!  Since I started participating, I have met some wonderful bloggers, and have tried mediums that I would not have tried. One of the other things I love is that so many crafters are doing such different kinds of crafts than I have tried, or even have seen before. What a fun adventure!

As you can see, today I am working with JudiKins Mica Gloss.  I have a nice collection of them, and haven't used them in awhile so I thought it would be fun to use them again.  I am working on some black glossy card stock and using my brayer to spread the Mica Gloss.   One I stamped directly onto the card stock with the stamp, the other I stamped into the wet Mica Gloss for a subtle look.   I'm not sure what I am going to do with these panels.  I may use them for backgrounds for a card, or may cut them up for embellishments later.




Using the Mica Gloss gives the papers a lovely shine and look,  You never know what you are going to come out with when you drop the gloss on the paper!

Hope you have a great day, and find some time to do something YOU love!  Maybe get a little INKY?

19 comments:

Candace said...

Lovely papers you have made. Sure they will look fantastic as a card background


Have a great week

Candace #58

Jan said...

Looks great and oh so tidy! xx Jan (80)

shazsilverwolf said...

Fab product, I love how the panels have come out. Going to have to look for this stuff. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #81

Marit said...

I don't know Mica Gloss nor have I ever used it - obviously ;) - sounds like an intiguing material! Happy woyww, hug from Holland, Marit #84

roffeycreations said...

Hi Winnie - thanks for the welcome to WOYWW and your lovely comments on my turtle card - this cruising around checking out all the creativity is so exciting - can't wait to put some of the stuff I have learnt into practice... Mxx #83

Robyn said...

I've never used Mica Gloss- looks like fun!
TFS, visiting and welcoming me to your place!
Blessings,
robyn 98

Redanne said...

Hi Winnie, I do like the sound of the Mica Gloss, not seen it before but it looks like you are having fun. I have not joined in today, too busy with the Builders....sigh.....but wanted to say thank you for your lovely comment, I am so thrilled to have won again!! Hugs, Anne x

BJ said...

Never heard of mica gloss, looks great. BJ#48

Marcia said...

That looks pretty cool Winnie. Where do you get all your tools ?

ria gall said...

You talk about different crafts and different mediums that you have not used, I have not heard of the stuff you are using. I would love to see anything else you use it on to see what it does as it sounds interesting
Happy WOYWW enjoy the rest of your week and I hope you get plenty of crafting time
Ria #113

Anonymous said...

I can't get over how many different color mediums there are out there. I'd never heard of mica gloss before -- the results look really cool. Hope you're having a happy WOYWW. :-) ~ Laura #105

Jules said...

Look's like your having fun with your Mica gloss! Jules No57

Joynana said...

Hi Winnie, thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, I do love those papers. I will have to try that technique. #94

sandysewin said...

I've never heard of Mica Gloss, but the looks you got are beautiful.

Happy creating and happy woyww!

Sandy #16

Kim's Creations said...

I have never heard of mica gloss, thanks for sharing; they are looking awesome! Kim #111

Unknown said...

Pretty effect.
Karen #52

Sue McDonald said...

looks fun........

Frankiesue #28

Judys Lace Creations said...

Hi Winnie, I haven't come across the Mica Gloss before.It looks nice and shiny.Seems a few of us haven't seen this product.

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

G'day Winnie
as usual its Friday before I get to blog hope for WOYWW but here I am. Thanks for dropping by my blog and hopefully next week I may have some finished cuffs to share LOL. Oh I have never heard of Mica Gloss but it sounds very glam. Can't wait to see what you make with the panels. I too am getting around 10 anonymous comments a day and they are driving me nuts!!!!
hugs
Annette In Oz #87

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!