Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May 2013 Tim Holtz Tag - Rub-On Resist

Hi, guys! Hope all is well! Today I am sharing the two tags I did for the Tim Holtz Tags of 2013 for May.  Tim showed us how to use rub-ons as a resist and they work great for that.  You will see I used Distress Stains in 4 colors to get the background as well as a spritz of water to blend.  I enjoyed antiquing the enameled tags with Alcohol Ink and then applying rub-ons. Staining the ribbon and giving it the crinkled look is something that I really enjoy, too.

Here is a closer look at each tag:

As you are probably aware by now, I really look forward to this monthly challenge.  I find that I learn so much, and have a blast while doing so.  Besides, I can guarantee my fingers will be EXTREMELY inky by the completion of the tags and that means I had a great time.

If you haven't tried your hand at a tag, I would highly recommend you join in the fun.  The size of a tag is great for learning and then you have a completed piece of art to enjoy.  After we complete our tags, Tim has a gallery on his blog where we all share them (if we want), and that is another aspect of the fun, learning and community.

Until next time!


Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow, Winnie, these are some awesome tags. Love all the elements and the grungy look. Well done!

sandee said...

Great job on the tags, I loved the ink resist technique, that was fun! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, you are the sweetest! Waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Anne Christine Berg said...

I really love your tags, so grungy and cool and with great colours.

Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog!

Best wishes all the way from Norway :-)

Alexis Crossland-Smith said...

great tags!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!