Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May 2013 Tim Holtz Tag - Rub-On Resist

Hi, guys! Hope all is well! Today I am sharing the two tags I did for the Tim Holtz Tags of 2013 for May.  Tim showed us how to use rub-ons as a resist and they work great for that.  You will see I used Distress Stains in 4 colors to get the background as well as a spritz of water to blend.  I enjoyed antiquing the enameled tags with Alcohol Ink and then applying rub-ons. Staining the ribbon and giving it the crinkled look is something that I really enjoy, too.





Here is a closer look at each tag:




As you are probably aware by now, I really look forward to this monthly challenge.  I find that I learn so much, and have a blast while doing so.  Besides, I can guarantee my fingers will be EXTREMELY inky by the completion of the tags and that means I had a great time.

If you haven't tried your hand at a tag, I would highly recommend you join in the fun.  The size of a tag is great for learning and then you have a completed piece of art to enjoy.  After we complete our tags, Tim has a gallery on his blog where we all share them (if we want), and that is another aspect of the fun, learning and community.

Until next time!






4 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow, Winnie, these are some awesome tags. Love all the elements and the grungy look. Well done!

SandeeNC said...

Great job on the tags, I loved the ink resist technique, that was fun! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, you are the sweetest! Waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Anne said...

I really love your tags, so grungy and cool and with great colours.

Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog!

Best wishes all the way from Norway :-)

Alexis Crossland-Smith said...

great tags!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!