Thursday, May 23, 2013

A Humorous Birthday Card for My Kid Sister

Hi, guys!  Today I am sharing a card I made for my sister's birthday.  If you knew my sister, you would understand the need for me to give her a humorous card.  She is not sentimental and so there are no roses or sweet poems, etc.  She just likes funny cards.  When I saw this image, I had to use it as she reminds me of my baby sister - sunglasses and all!

Supplies:
Stamps: Inkadinkado
Paper: Stampin' Up, Echo Park
Ink: Memento Black, Distress Ink
Misc.: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Spellbinders Deckled Rectangle Dies, Twine

The embossing folder I used for this had a very similar look to the patterned paper.

Hoping you have a great day with plenty of humor and laughs!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this card and especially the spicy girl on the front. Awesome job!

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

LOL!!! Thats an awesomely funny sentiment! Did you print the message? Love the card!

Diane said...

Just adorable, love the sentiment.

Regards diane

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

With the week I had, I needed the laugh I got from your humorous card. You're sister is going to love it. I also love the color scheme and how you were able to coordinate the embossing to the print. I've never been to Virginia, but know it is a beautiful state. Hope you had a good time and Blessings!

Jill Norwood said...

Winnie this made me smile big! Two of my 4 sisters would get a charge out of that image and sentiment! Great card my dear!
Hugs,
Jill

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

BAHAHAHA!!! So true! Cute card!

Alexis Crossland-Smith said...

that's hilarious and oh so true! Great Card!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!