Thursday, May 16, 2013

Wedding Card -- Nature Inspired

Hi, guys! Hope all is well!  I was asked to make a personalized wedding card by my sister.  She did not want me to make one in my usual wedding style.  No bride/groom, wedding cake or my usual color choices for a wedding. The bride and groom are very earthy, and so my sister asked that I incorporate nature into the card.  The groom whittled his own pen for his guest book, so I decided to use my woodgrain embossing folders by Tim Holtz on this card. I used vintage twine instead of my usual ribbon as well. The use of the Core-dinations paper and the sanding gave it a rustic look I feel.

Supplies:
Stamps: Lawn Fawn
Paper: Core-dinations, Gina K, Desert Storm Cardstock
Ink: Hero Arts, Memento Black, Antique Linen Distress Ink
Misc.: Spellbinders Heart Dies, Lawn Fawn Banner Die, Tim Holtz Embossing Folder, Twine

It was fun having to think "outside the box" and outside my comfort level.  My sister was thrilled when I gave it to her. Funny thing is, now my other sister who works with the bride-to-be wants one to give, too.  Not sure where I am going to go with that one yet!

Have a great day!  I hope you find some time in the day to do something you love!

10 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

Winnie this is wonderful! Love the texture of the wood grain! I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day with your family too! :)

kellypea said...

Seeing your work makes me want to search for my craft box buried in the depths of my garage. I couldn't come close to your creativity but I used to enjoy trying :) The card is wonderful!

SandeeNC said...

Gorgeous and just perfect for them. I love his whittling his own pen, great touch! Thank you so much for visiting my blog, I always love having visitors!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Esther Asbury said...

Cute! I love the woodgrain background!

Unknown said...

I love the woodgrain background and I love love love the twine.

If I was still doing wedding planning - I would absolutely love you. Well, i do love you - but it would be in a different way.

I just like your work so much Winnie!

Unknown said...

By the way, I want to subscribe to your email feed. But your email link (on the top right) opens my email client.

Do you have an email feed?

Lynn Mercurio said...

Great card. Love the natural feel to this romantic creation!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

This is a beautiful and very clever card, Winnie. It reminds me of the carved hearts on tree trunks that used to be so popular in the olden days. I'm sure any earthy and craftsy couple like the one your sister described would love this card. Blessings!

Angela said...

Winnie, this is so clever and unique and very cool!

Marcy said...

Beautiful card! I love that embossing folder and it has such a cool effect! Love it! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!