Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Confirmation Card For My Nephew

Hi, guys! Hope all is well!  This weekend was extremely busy with both Mother's Day and my nephew Christopher's Confirmation.  It was such a special weekend of fellowship, family and love.  I thought I would share the card I made for Christopher for this special occasion.

Supplies:
Stamps: Stampin' Up, Lawn Fawn
Paper: Gina K Designs
Ink: Versamark, Stampin' Up
Misc.: Tim Holtz Embossing Folder, Lawn Fawn Die, Ranger Silver Embossing Folder, Stardust Pen

The dove is a symbol used to represent the Holy Spirit, so I used a dove from an old Christmas Stampin' Up set.  I wanted rays to appear to radiate from it, so I broke out my Tim Holtz embossing folder that had lovely rays, and added sparkle with the Stardust pen.   For those who may not know, it is a symbolic gesture for the kids to pick a Saint's name to be used when they are confirmed.  My nephew chose LUKE, and he researched the life of St. Luke.  I recall making my Confirmation many years ago and I chose Katherine as my name (as did my mom and my sister Shannon).   Christopher had a wonderful day, and loved his card.

Congratulations, Christopher!  You made us all so very proud!



I hope you have a fabulous day!  Until next time!

9 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What a wonderful celebration, and a beautiful card!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Winnie. The card, the confirmation, St. Luke. It's all just beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love the details!

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Ann said...

I just went with Mary since my middle name is Marie but I wish I had been a little more thoughtful. This is a beautiful card. I love the moon rays! And congrats Christopher!

Emkay said...

Lovely card! Congratulations to your nephew!

Audrey said...

That is beautiful and I am sure it is even more beautiful in person because of the sparkles.

Gibby Frogett said...

Hi Winnie.. thanks for stopping by earlier. I'd pop you some rolls in the mail but think they might be mouldy by the time they got there LOL.
Congratulation to your nephew, love your card and also the ones further down for the girls - so lovely to have a unique and personalised card.
Hope your weather improves so you can do your planting soon - ours is quite blustery and cold for the time of year, feels more like late March/early April. Happy crafting and have a lovely day... Gill x

Jill Norwood said...

Love this card....I was Catherine of Sienna....
:) Jill

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is beautiful. I love how the rays emit from the dove. A very creative design.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!