Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Happy Birthday Card For a Granddaughter!

Hi, guys! Today I am sharing a birthday card I made for an eight-year-old girl.  I was asked by her grandma to make one with long brown hair.  I thought about it some and decided to use this fun image by Stampavie Suzi Blu.  The other request was to make it a "large" card.  The stamp I used is very, very large, so it was perfect.  One of the reasons I don't like to make large cards is there is so much space to fill, and I can't emboss the backgrounds with my A2 size folders.  So, after some thought, I decided to use some patterned paper for the background.

Supplies:
Stamps:Stampavie Suzi Blu
Paper: Gina K Designs, DCWV
Ink: Memento Black, Copics
Misc.: Stampin' Up Circle Punches, Ribbon, Glitter Pen, Corner Rounder, Computer Generated Letters/Number

I was trying to figure a fun way to put the birthday girl's name on the card and decided to mimic the paper and put the letters in individual circles in matching colors.

Here's wishing Jenna has a fun-filled birthday!

Until next time!

7 comments:

Liesl Garner said...

Such a gift! Your work is so beautiful.

Marcy said...

Awww...sweet card! I love the image and the personalization on it! The papers work perfect with the bigger image.

Emkay said...

Such a sweet card. Those circles were a great way to add her name.

SandeeNC said...

Oh she is going to love her card!! I hope you are having a wonderful time on vacation, where are you? ( I know, I'm nosey!! ) Just wanted to say thank you so much for voting for me, it sure means a lot to have support! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

How precious!!! The girl is just lovely and I love seeing it personalized!

Margaret said...

So beautiful! Lovely coloring and layout.

Unknown said...

This is so cute and fun!! Love it.

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!