Saturday, May 4, 2013

Spring Is Here, So That Means Gardening Has Begun!

Hi, guys! Hope all is well.  The weather here has been beautiful lately.  This past weekend I was finally able to get into my garden and start working on it.  This winter was very hard here with Hurricane Sandy and the blizzard Nemo.  I LOVE spring, but the one thing I don't like about spring is:


DANDELIONS!

I was a very busy beaver pulling them from my lawn.  The Grandpa's Weeder is a great tool that I discovered while watching QVC one day.  It sure saves my back!! (No affiliation with them, just love the tool!!)

My lilacs and bleeding hearts are starting to bloom and seeing them made me so happy!







With the pretty weather here, I am able to hang laundry outside!  It may sound like a little thing, but I look forward to it all winter!  



After all the outdoor work, I decided that it would be great to start the season off with a barbecue with my hubby!  We made our favorite grilled flank steak!





It was a great start to our spring and so productive.  I am looking forward to getting my veggies and herbs for the garden on Mother's Day weekend.  

Hope your spring is filled with beauty and maybe a barbecue or two!

Just want to give a shout out to my brother Sean today as he celebrates his birthday!  He is a great brother and has helped me so much putting this blog together.

Until next time!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Now I wish I had a yard so I could a)hang clothes out on the line, b)have lilacs in it! c) have dinner outdoors!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your garden is looking glorious, Winnie, so it must have been very romantic to enjoy an steak dinner alfresco with your husband. I always use the clothes drier, but have fond memories of my mom hanging clothes outside, so I enjoyed that picture too. Blessings!

Audrey said...

Yeah! I know you have been aching to get in the garden. I will have to check out the weeder.

Have Apron....Will Bake said...

Great pics. It is just starting to get nice here too. Dandelions! Ugh! I swear there weren't any in the yard yesterday....and bam there are 4 out there now.

Unknown said...

You sure have been busy! Enjoy the spring weather!

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Yep. I've got dandelions, too. I never see them coming up, only once they've arrived - loud and proud! And I love getting my washing hanging on the line outside, too. We're still in the grip of an icy wind here in Scotland just now, but it hasn't deterred our camellias any. Love spring. Can't wait!

Unknown said...

Wow, the garden looks terrific!

The BBQ looks awesome!

Barb said...

The bleeding hearts are gorgeous! We live in a condo so we only have a couple of flower boxes, and we're novices. We may go to the nursery today to pick up some pansies.

MiamiKel said...

OMGOsh your post just made me smile HUGE!! I'm a BIG laundry outside fan! 'cept that one time I hung the sheets and a wasp came in with them - yep, made the bed and later that night - OUCH! :) Your pictures are fun and beautiful - thanks for the huge smile you just gave me today :)
x0x0

Margaret said...

I also had to smile at all your photos. I lived up North for the first many years of my life and remember so well our Lilac bush and the bleeding hearts. I do miss those flowlers that won't grow here in hot Texas. I also used to love hanging my sheets outside. Nothing smells so good as to have fresh sheets on the bed after hanging outside.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

WOW!!!! What a gorgeous sight! What a garden delight! I'm so jealous! Only weeds here...lol! You've got a great green thumb, and make a gorgeous meal too!

Ann said...

This is a post about the good life! Those bleeding hearts are so cool and I love the idea of a weed tool vs. chemicals! Happy Spring!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!