Sunday, September 30, 2012

September 2012 Tim Holtz Tag (Faux Riveted Metal)

Hi, guys!  As you may recall, I have been participating in the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2012 and for today I am sharing the one I made for September. Tim used a technique called faux riveted metal. I didn't have the foil tape he used, so I improvised and took out my Reynolds Wrap foil from my kitchen cupboard.  This tag was a total departure of my normal style as it has a more industrial look and feel. So, to make it more "me," I used a lighthearted sentiment and my favorite Mona Lisa stamp.


I figured since I was using a lot of metal and silver the "shine" sentiment would be fitting.  I had a blast making this tag, and got to use a lot of embellishments I had waiting to be used.  Alcohol inks, paint, and inks were all used on this tag.  Steel wool is not something I have on hand in my stamp room and it was needed to rough up the tag and remove some of the alcohol ink.  I had to head into the kitchen and remove all the soap from a Brillo Pad before I could use it.  It was funny.  The kitchen products sure came in handy for this tag.

If you would like to learn this technique or how to make these tags, I would suggest you give October's tag a try.  Tim will walk you though it step by step.  Then, you go and create something of your own and add your personality to it if you want.

I am off to get out my craft scrubbie by Ranger  as my hands look like the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz right now!

Have a great night!

3 comments:

Marcy said...

I absolutely love this Winnie! It came out awesome! I so love Tim Holtz! You did an awesome job! :)

my heart's love songs said...

i LOVE your sentiment on this tag! that should be a bumper sticker! {do people even have bumper stickers anymore?}

have a great week and wonderful October, Winnie!


dani

Anonymous said...

that is so cute! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!