Tuesday, September 4, 2012

How Many Peppers Did Winnie's Inky Fingers Peel?

Hi, guys!  Hope your Labor Day weekend was a great one.  My weekend was a great one filled with family, friends, and good food. Today I spent a bit of time today having a pepper roast.  I had ordered a package of Hatch peppers that were shipped to me during the week.  My hubby and I made a large charcoal fire and grilled all 5 pounds of them.  Let me tell you, the smell alone was worth the effort. After grilling and letting them steam, we peeled and prepped them for freezing.  We have 8 bags full in our freezer now.   Very happy day!

The before shots:






The end results:


I will be making Bobby Flay's Chile burgers, green chile sauces, salsas etc.  This New Yorker is very happy to have these great treasures stored in the freezer.  A very special thank you to Maggie of Maggie's Farm for sharing a great source for them with me.  I ordered from Melissa's at www.melissas.com in case you are somewhere and can't get these yummy peppers for yourself.

I will be sharing some of the other things I was up to this weekend and a card I made tomorrow.

Have a great day, and I hope you keep the holiday state of mind throughout the week!


5 comments:

Journey of Life said...

Now ... this is inspiring post. Maybe I would do that on our next camping trip!

Lovelyn said...

Grilled peppers are delicious. I'm jealous.

Unknown said...

Mmmmmm! I'm drooling. We used to make this salsa up w/fresh peppers & roast them beforehand. Good times & great smells! Thanks for the memories!

Unknown said...

My mouth is watering. Looks really good!!

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

dishy said...

Thanks for bringing me a few peppers! Cannot wait to roast them up this weekend! YUM! You may have to start a sister blog: Winnie's Greasy Fingers!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!