Monday, September 17, 2012

Happy 87th Birthday, Cal!

Hi, guys! Hope all is well!  Today I will be sharing a card I made for my father-in-law Cal for his 87th birthday.  I decided to emboss the front using the Tim Holtz Alterations embossing folder. I used Core-dinations Kraft cardstock (new to me) and sanded it to reveal the kraft center.  Remember those Scrabble Tiles I have been saving? Well, they found a home on this card.  I used Distress Stains to color the ribbon and age the appearance of it.


Supplies:
Paper: Recollections Kraft Note Card, Core-dinations (Kraft Core)
Ink: Distress Ink (Vintage Photo), Distress Stain (Vintage Photo)
Misc.: Mini Scrabble Tiles, Tim Holtz Gears, Tim Holtz Ribbon, Tim Holtz Alterations Pocket Watch Embossing Folder

For the sentiment inside the card, I used a stamp by Sweet 'n Sassy that reads: Your Influence In My Life is Timeless.  Perfect to use with pocket watches, I think.

Wishing Cal a very happy birthday!

Hope you have a great day and find a few moments in the day to do something you love!


















9 comments:

Beckey said...

Gorgeous Winnie! Thank you for sharing!

Emkay said...

I love the colours on this, and those scrabble tiles are such a cool embellishment.

Unknown said...

I love this one!! Great job. I bet Cal will love it too. ♥

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Great card love it.


Irvina

Marjie Kemper said...

Looks great, Winnie. Love that embossing!

Journey of Life said...

Happy BD to your Father in law. Very classic card!

jenn shurkus said...

i LOVE this card ;) perfect for any dad :) thank you for visiting my blog! have a great week :)

Esther Asbury said...

Wow! What a lovely card! I love the distressing and sanding you did to age things! So neat!

Anonymous said...

love it

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!