Thursday, September 13, 2012

When High Tech Meets Low Tech

Hi, guys! My nephew Tom celebrated his 11th birthday last week, and I thought I would share with you the card I made for him. Tom loves all things "techie."  He loves computers, cell phones, iPods, and - of course - video games.  I saw this set of stamps by Paper Smooches and had to have it for all the lovers of these gadgets.


Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches
Paper: Recollections Note Card, Husk Cardstock The Ink Pad NYC
Ink: Memento Black
Misc.: Copic Markers, Twine


While making this card, I was trying to think of a fun way to incorporate Tom's name on the card. I remembered that I have been keeping a stash of mini Scrabble tiles that a friend sent to me from Ireland years ago. I decided it would be fun to use them on his card, as not only is Tom a lover of video games, but of all kind of boardgames as well. The contrast between the high tech toys and low tech toys on one card should make him chuckle.

Since I have been saving (hoarding) this Scrabble tiles for some time, I decided to use some of them this weekend and made a few more cards using them.  I will share them later on in the week with you. Is there any supply that you are holding on to?  I hope this card will inspire you to use some of you goodies that you are saving.

I hope Tom had a birthday as special as he is!  Wishing each of you a great day, and hope you find a few moments to do something you love!

4 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!