Tuesday, September 18, 2012

47 Years And Going Strong!

Hi, guys! Today my parents are celebrating their 47th wedding anniversary. I am blessed to have such loving parents.  They raised six children and have managed to keep all their hair intact. Mom may have wanted to pull hers out by the roots at times! 

This is the card I made for them for this occasion.  I had this adorable mouse couple that I have had for ages that I thought would be fun to use. 


Supplies:
Stamps: Town Mouse (Inkadinkado)
Paper: The Ink Pad NYC Green Apple, Stampin' Up 
Ink: Memento Black, Copics
Misc.: Cuttlebug Embossing folder, Hero Arts Gems


I wish them many more years of wedded bliss!  They are truly an inspiration on how a good marriage can stand the test of time.

Love you guys!

Hope each of you has a great day and spends some part of it with someone special in your lives.

14 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

What an amazing accomplishment especially in this day and age...to hold a family together for 46 years. THAT'S incredible. What a loving example they have set for you and your siblings. Your folks will be thrilled with a creation you made JUST for them. They might even put it on the refrigerator. LOL

Great job Winnie!

Debbi said...

So sweet. Happy anni to them!

Journey of Life said...

Oh .. very cute one too and happy anniversary to both of your parents.

BTW., curious on what I wrote about you ? :-)

http://journeyofmylifendestiny.blogspot.com/2012/09/tidbits-about-me.html
Winnie from http://winniesinkyfingers.blogspot.com – ...:-)

Sherry Ellis said...

Forty seven years! Wow, that's amazing! I love the card - so cute!

paige said...

Sweet card! Congrats to your parents!

i am mama lola said...

they have a secret, a marriage secret! 47 years is amazing! and the card is adorable!

Sherry Ellis said...

Guess what? You won a copy of Virginia Wright's book, Crying Bear! Congratulations! If you contact me at sherry.ellis@cinci.rr.com and provide your mailing address, I'll pass that along to Virginia, and she'll send you the book.

Emkay said...

Congratulations to your parents! And what a cute card to help them celebrate.

Ann said...

My parents just celebrated there 45! Amazing!!!

Such a cute card too : )

Sparrow said...

Super cute card! I feel similarly about my parents who are around their 45th anniversary. It's really a gift for us as well as their children to have such awesome examples of 'for better or for worse'.

vanita said...

this is super cute! absolutely love it. hubby said something to me the other day about what we'd do for our 50th anniversary and I was like wow...people CAN BE married that long. it always surprises me. lol.

Anonymous said...

Love the card and love your parents!


Irvina

Anonymous said...

love the mice :)

Molly Jo said...

Cute and creative. Many wishes for your parents' continued longevity - together and in life!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!