Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Chalkboard Love and Birthday Card For A Babysitter

Hi, guys! Hope your weekend was a good one.  Mine was very productive and very INKY!  I had a bunch of cards to work on for various people.  As I worked, the cards needed started to multiply.  Isn't it funny how that seems to happen?


First list:




List as it stands now:





So, as you can see, I still have a few cards to work on during the week. Can you tell I just love my new chalkboard?  I am sad they are phasing them out of schools. There is something about writing in chalk that I love!

How about I share one of the cards I completed with you? This card I made for a friend to give to celebrate her babysitter's birthday. It was great hearing how wonderful a person and sitter Merla is. Knowing you have a caring and special person caring for your daughter when you are working outside the home must give you such peace of mind.

Supplies:
Stamps: Stamp Camp
Paper: Grape Note Card The Ink Pad NYC, Gina K (Black)
Ink: Versafine Black, Distress Inks, Perfect Pearls Spray (Sunflower)
Misc.: Clear Embossing Powder, Gems, Oval Punches, Computer Generated Name

I love heat embossing cards. It gives such shine and texture to any piece you work on. Perfect Pearl sprays are great to use. I normally find myself just reaching for the Pearl color, but decided to use Sunflower as I thought the vibrant gold/yellow would go great with the shades of purple distress inks.

Wishing Tita Merla a very blessed birthday!  Hope your day is a great one too!

5 comments:

my heart's love songs said...

you've made great progress on your list! i'm currently unable to get out shopping so broke down and printed out some "pre-designed" cards for a bunch of family birthdays this month. i only have to mail one, so i AM being creative making tissue-paper envelopes, but they're certainly nothing to compare with the wonderful cards you make, Winnie!

Unknown said...

I love chalkboards too. At my kids schools they have dry erase boards and smart boards. No chalk boards at all anymore which is just weird to me. You have quite the list, but you are making good progress!

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Emkay said...

There is definitely something about chalkboards. I love them too.

The background you've created for this card is stunning.

Journey of Life said...

The card is beautiful and wondering if I can get a chalkboard for my girls. I bet they will have fun writing down their TODO list like you.

Chrissy Larson said...

Great card and the chalkboard is an AWESOME idea!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!