Wednesday, April 30, 2014

WOYWW#256 - Cleaning An Old Vintage Rubber Stamp

Since today is Wednesday, I am sharing what is on my work desk with you!  My friend Ruth came across a very old airmail stamp she used to use in her office. She saw that I have a carousel on my desk that I keep my Tim Holtz Distress tools in and she knew that I would love it. Well, I decided it needed to be cleaned as it had years of accumulated ink on it and after awhile, my desk started to resemble a butchers block!  It looked like a bloody mess! And, no - Dexter does not live here!



But eventually I was able to get it free of red ink and decided to use it for a pen pal letter I sent to Canada.  I just love the old plane image!


Thank you to Ruth for this kind gift. I will use it to spread fun all over the world!

Thank you to Julia for all the desk hopping fun!  If you haven't tried sharing what's on your work desk, I would love to encourage you to do so as there is so much fun and learning to be found.

Until next time!

18 comments:

Scouse Linguist said...

I love the stamp! I am obsessed with finding the perfect stamp with the words "homemade" and although I have spent hours on etsy/ pinterest etc I haven't yet found it. I'm going to get crafty today too - exciting :)

Unknown said...

Now, that's a lot of ink. I really like that image, so cute. #59

stampingbowd said...

Oh my gracious, what an awesome stamp!!!!! Great idea to use a rag to clean it. So much fun! #73

Krisha said...

What a cool stamp and what a lot of ink it hung onto.

Krisha #71

Carol Rigby said...

A lovely stamp. Well worth cleaning.

my cup of tea said...

How nice of your friend to gift that to you! It is a really neat stamp! I am sure it will continue to get a lot of use. Thank you so much for visiting me and for the kind words you left behind!
donna#81

Nan G said...

Fab image from your gifted stamp! A good thing we can see the stamp as you're cleaning or we would of fainted. ;) Thanks for the earlier visit! Hugs and Happy WOYWW! Nan G #82

Unknown said...

how fantastic is that!! Karen #30

Chrysalis said...

What a lovely stamp - you lucky lady! Have a great week, Chris # 15

Helen Campbell said...

Oh my gosh, what a fabulous old stamp. You have a good friend who will share such treasures. Happy WOYWW! Helen #82

Stamped Impressions said...

Fantastic that you can now ink in black! That is a lot of red!
Also, I appreciate the comments you left on my blog, my sister liked the photo as well.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Cleaning stamps...oh the work!!! Love this little vintage gem!

Geri Neumann said...

Isn't it wonderful to find this old rubber stamps with vintage images? Love the plane and know you'll be doing great things with it. Thanks too for stopping by my blog. Hugs, Geri N

KatzElbows said...

That is an amazing stamp. Worth the "bloody" mess.

Happy Belated WOYWW.
Cheers, Rachel #100

Donna Wheat said...

That stamp really did need a good clean, can't believe it had so much ink, Donna #38

Anonymous said...

LOVE this stamp!

Dawn's Stamping Garden said...

What a great find! Love the stamp!

Hettie said...

Us crafters are pleased with all sorts of gifts. This one is no exception. Fabulous.
I had to giggle about your Dexter pun! LOL!
Hugs
xx

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!