Sunday, April 6, 2014

Love and Encouragement

I have been making cards for many years and for many situations and occasions.  Most of them are happy and are easy for me to embrace, but some, like sympathy cards, are harder for me.  This week I was asked to make a special card for a friend to give.  You may recall I lost my first husband to cancer and when I hear the word I feel overwhelmed with sadness.  I was asked to make a personalized card for a young man (37) who is losing his battle with cancer and will be with the Lord soon.  My friend asked for a card of encouragement and love for this young husband, father and friend.  This card weighed on my heart and soul this weekend and this is what I came up with.

Supplies:
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous
Paper: Gina K Designs, Watercolor
Ink: Distress Stains, Distress Ink, Archival Black
Misc: Clear Embossing Powder, Ribbon, Tim Holtz Index Labels

Bible verses and words of love and encouragement were included inside.

My thoughts and prayers go out to this young man and his family and friends.  I hope this small card shows him how much he is loved by so many.

Until next time!



10 comments:

katsby said...

What a beautiful card. You are very talented. I will keep that young man and family in my prayers

Marcia said...

Beautiful and thoughtful card winnie

Marcia said...

Beautiful and thoughtful card winnie

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Very nice card, it will bring some happiness to this man.

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a tragedy about Mike...so young. I'm sure that this lovely and thoughtful card will touch him in a special way.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such a peaceful and beautiful card. I am sure it is going to bring some joy to Mike as he nears he end of his journey. Such sadness. Hugs and prayers!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

You did an amazing job capturing a masculine yet heartfelt feel in this card. I am so sorry to hear about your friend Mike, but I'm sure he'll feel the love of his family and friends in your beautiful card. May the Peace of the Lord be with you, my friend.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Beautiful card! Love the peaceful feeling and tranquil scene! So sorry you are having to go through this. Sending you thoughts and prayer.

Margaret said...

So sad for your friend's loss. Your card is so beautiful and elegant.

Geri Neumann said...

The card you made is really beautiful. Hugs, Geri N

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!