Wednesday, April 23, 2014

WOYWW #255 - Distress Paint In The Garden

Spring is really here finally and I have begun to work in my garden a bit (not planting yet, just cleaning and planning).  Since it is Wednesday, I am sharing what is on my work desk with you.  This holiday weekend I decided to take my very old and worn and rusty yard decorations in and give them a cleaning.  My husband asked me the other day why don't you paint the stuff in the garden as you have a lot of art supplies?  So I decided to use my Distress Paints on them as after they are dry they become permanent.  This was one painty mess for 3 days.

The before shots:



My sister's kids gave me these signs so I just couldn't toss them even though my sister told me to and she would pick up new ones (thought I was nuts to paint them!).



Here they are now in my garden.  Soon the flowers will be out in force and look nice.  Not bad, right?



Thank you to Julia for all the desk hopping fun! I look forward to seeing what everyone is working on today!

Until next time!

17 comments:

Chrysalis said...

They look great, Winnie - much more satisfying than buying new ones! Have a lovely week, Chris # 19 xx

Vanessa (www.leatherandabel.com) said...

OMG I love it - I'm getting all green fingered today too! :)

Claire said...

A great job they look wonderful :)
Happy WOYWW!
no. 2

Donna Heber said...

Hi Winnie,

I just love your painted garden accessories! I've been doing some clean up too. No planting for about another month just to be sure. I can't wait to see your blooms!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love what you've done with your garden art! You've really brightened them up and they'll make you smile each time you go outside :-) Great idea - I love it when crafts cross over!
Hugs, LLJ 14 xx

Donna Wheat said...

they look fab, I didn't realise Distress paints were so versatile, thanks for sharing Donna #26

Daniella said...

Oh those look lovely! Wonderful job! Enjoy the weather!
xxDaniella@63

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm thoroughly impressed with the rework and new paint job. Your hubby was right. This was true spring cleaning (grin). Thanks for visiting me earlier in the week. WOYWW wishes from # 9.

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Hi Winnie
happy WOYWW. Sorry I am running late. You did an awesome job repaionting the gardens things...they look amazing!
hugs
Annette In Oz #8

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Hi Winnie
happy WOYWW. Sorry I am running late. You did an awesome job repainting the gardens things...they look amazing!
hugs
Annette In Oz #8

Geri Neumann said...

Oh my Winnie....you've been a busy girl! Your garden decorations look so bright and cheery! I like the new colors you've used on them. Happy gardening. Hugs, Geri N

glitterandglue said...

Well done, Winnie - they look great! Love that pink pig!!
Thanks for visiting earlier. Yes, it is a stressful time for us both at the moment - he really was extremely ill over the weekend - but it helps me relax if I can think of others - especially those less well off... It certainly is painful watching John so poorly - but I think the medics are winning - looked brighter and was much more cheerful today.
Thank you for your prayers for us. we do so appreciate that people right round the globe are keeping us in their prayers - a non-stop cry to Father God - WOW!!!

Have a special week.
Margaret #49

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Superb work with DI .. did not know you could sue them for that.. but only have pads anyway :D
happy WOYWW Shaz in Oz.x #42

MarciaME said...

Your sister needs an education on what FUN is!!! Great job.

MarciaME said...

Your sister needs an education on what FUN is!!! Great job.

Lisa H said...

Great idea!

Unknown said...

I'm so late for this woyww.... well, I made it anyway ;)
Great garden signs - I love recycling - they look as good as new :)
Cheers, Jana #93

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!