Thursday, April 24, 2014

Elvis - The Lamp

Many people are fans of the late Elvis Presley.  I have friends in that camp and so I have a large collection of Elvis stamps.  I was asked to make a birthday card for a friend's daughter for her birthday. I knew she is an Elvis fan (she even named her son Elvis), so I decided to make her a personalized Elvis card.  Lots of people love campy, or quirky, collectibles, and I remembered I had a Elvis lamp stamp that I thought would be fun for her as she has a great sense of humor.

Supplies:
Stamps: Viva Las Vegas, A Muse Artstamps
Paper: White Deckled Card, Gina K Designs
Ink: Memento Black, Archival Black
Misc.: Copics, Wink of Stella, Tim Holtz Index Labels, Memory Box Die

Elvis was known for this costumes and so I decided to add Wink of Stella shine to his jumpsuit stars for a bling effect.

This was a lot of fun for me to make.  I love it when I can make an unusual card that will bring a smile to someone.

Until next time!

5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a fun card for your Elvis-loving friend!

MiamiKel said...

Brilliant! This is a perfect card for the Elvis fan! You always have the perfectly themed posts :)

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love it! It has that campy/quirky feeling of much of the Elvis memorabilia I've seen. As a matter of fact, I felt that Graceland had that same feeling when I visited it during a trip to Memphis a couple of years ago. LOL! Have a blessed week my friend.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Gosh, I didn't know there were Elvis stamps - great card! Personalizing it makes it special.

Marcy said...

Wow, my mom would love this Elvis image! She is a huge Elvis fan...just so funny how he is a lamp! You always have the most unique images. Fantastic card!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!