Saturday, April 26, 2014

Elvis - In the Jungle Room?

My friend Irvina is the BIGGEST Elvis fan I know.  Her birthday was approaching and I wanted to make her a birthday card using - you guessed it - Elvis.   As I have been making her Elvis cards for awhile, I am very lucky to have such a large amount of them.   For this year I went with this sweet image by The Stampsmith.  I wanted to give it a different look, so I found a fun "wild" print for the background that I thought would be fun when you recall Elvis and his "Jungle Room."

Supplies:
Stamps: The Stampsmith, A Muse Artstamps
Paper: Desert Storm, Scrap Pack
Ink: Archival Black, Distress Ink (Gathered Twigs)

Since this is a "young" Elvis image from quite some time ago, I decided to give it a distressed look as if this picture was hanging around for some time.

Irvina was very happy to receive it and so her collection of Elvis cards is growing!

Until next time!

2 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Brilliant Winnie. I have a couple of Elvis stamps myself, although they must be packed away somewhere because I haven't seen them in years! I guess I'll be going on a treasure hunt soon. LOL

Your friend will love the card, I'm sure of it!

Geri Neumann said...

Excellent! Love your Elvis card. I don't have any Elvis stamps, but seeing your card sure brings back memories of him. Your friend will love her card, I'm sure. Hugs, Geri N

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!