Wednesday, April 9, 2014

WOYWW #253 - Paper Galore

Today is Wednesday, so I am sharing what is on my work desk with you.  You will notice 3 large books sitting there.  They contain gift wrap with three different themes.  My friend Ruth had them and loved the beautiful papers in them and the stories behind each, but didn't have any use for them and wanted them to be used, so she thought of me. These gift wraps are so pretty. I know I am going to start cutting into them tomorrow as I have a few cards in mind already!


You may notice a stack of letters to be responded to alongside my stationery and fountain pens.  Sitting along the top of my desk is a stack of beautiful handmade papers a sweet pen pal sent me.  I plan to die cut them and make some cards with them after I get done admiring them.


Remember last week when I was in the process of making a card that incorporated a lizard, squirrel, cat and dog?  I thought I would share a quick shot of the finished card with you.  You know you have a lot of stamps when you have so many animals and have to decide "which squirrel do I want to use?"


Thank you to Julia for all the desk hopping fun!  I look forward to seeing what you are working on, and, if you haven't joined in the fun, I would suggest you pay Julia a visit and hop along.  So many lovely friends to make along the way!

Until next time!

13 comments:

Glenda said...

What a great space and I love the finished card. Thanks for letting me in to snoop around!
Glenda #66

Julie Kirk said...

Winnie - I know exactly what you mean about the stamps .. only in my case it's which zebra or snail to use!

re: the comment you left on my post - yes!! Those little backing squares from foam pads get everywhere don't they?!

Julie :-)

glitterandglue said...

Great desk today, Winnie. What a choice to have to make - which squirrel - ah, happy days! Glad you got the card finished. Those books look interesting!!
Have a great week.
Margaret #25

MiamiKel said...

OH I keep forgetting to do this post again! I was so good for awhile :) Your desk and goodies looks like a lot of fun ahead! How are you liking the pens? Beautiful and cheerful card! ♥

Bernice said...

I think I can just about see some 'wink of stella' pens there - I've only recently discovered these and I really love the shimmery finish they give. A busy desk with lots going on!
Bernice #72

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

G'day Winnie
I haven't participated in WOYWW for maybe 9 months and I am trying to get to as many as I can this week...Oh how gorgeous are those design books...I love the look of the Freach Provincial one. I'm sure you will make gorgeous art with them all. Love the animal card too and I had a chuckle about you know you have too many stamps bit...same here I am afraid!
hugs
Annette In Oz #23

Chrysalis said...

The cards are fab! Have a great week, Chris # 35

Geri Neumann said...

Love your card! And all the papers on your desk ... looks like you'll have fun with those as well. Hugs, Geri N

Julia Dunnit said...

The card turned out so well, how fun! Love your collection of fountain pens all gathered together, how nice, to choose which one to use by mood!

JoZart Designs said...

You must certainly have a mega stash of stamps if you have that kind of choice to make.!! Lucky you!
Love your desk with all that's on it and all that's going on there.
jo x

Daniella said...

All of that paper will be s fun to jump in to!! Your card is awesome! You really did incorporate them all!
xxDaiella~2

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Winnie, love those books, in fact, I think I have the Kimono one *somewhere*, lol. Came from The Works, if I remember rightly. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #44 xx

fairy thoughts said...

Love those books of pfpers i wouldjust look at them a while too
janet @19

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!