Saturday, April 12, 2014

Au Revoir, Mon Amie!

Saying goodbye is never easy when you work with someone you like and they change jobs.  Yesterday one of our attorneys left our firm and is going somewhere else.  This was the first time I ever made a departing attorney a card, but this lady was very kind and when my husband passed away, she helped me with my paperwork and helped me tread water when my head was foggy and she made sure my interests were put in the forefront.  For that alone I will always be thankful.

I made a Paris themed card as I know she studied in Paris when young, and she speaks the most beautiful French I have ever heard.  For this card I used Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous background stamp, and the focal image is from Hero Arts.   The ink I used for the background was Wendy Vecchi's, and I sponged Tim Holtz Distress Ink around the image.


As many of you know, I love Paris.  While thinking about this card, I realized that my Paris and French collection of stamps is rather large.  I don't use them enough, so I am glad I had a reason to get them inky!

Until next time!

9 comments:

Geri Neumann said...

Winnie, your cards always have so much thought and heart put in to them! You're an amazing friend. I'm sure the attorney who is leaving is going to love this card. It's a beauty! Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Geri N

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I'm sure your card will be appreciated, it's very nice. It was heart warming to read how this woman helped you along when your husband passed away.

MiamiKel said...

Oh aimer cette! ♥ What a charming, delightful card design - this is just so sweet, my friend!

Marcy said...

What a fun card and love the vintage feel of it! You are so great with personalizing cards to the recipients. I know she will love this! :)

Vanessa (www.leatherandabel.com) said...

Ooooooh, that's lovely! :)

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is such a creative and thoughtful card you made for your departing co-worker. I'm sure she will love it, because you made it with such thought and care, personalizing it to something you knew she would like. Your cards are always so special in the way that you make them each for someone, paying attention to their personality. THAT is the true gift. Lovely job.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Very artistic card. Beautiful!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your friend is definitely going to love your card, and its very French feel. The figure even has a haute couture look to her. Blessings!

a.eye said...

How thoughtful and wonderfully nice!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!