Saturday, March 1, 2014

Winnie's Inky Fingers Turns 2 Today!

I cannot believe it is March 1st already! February flew by before I realized it!  March 1st is the day I began my blog and so today I am celebrating 2 years of Winnie's Inky Fingers and am so happy! When I think about what I have been enjoying most about blogging, I must say it is the lovely people that I have gotten to know by sharing and chatting.  You sit back and turn on the news and hear a lot of "negative" about human nature, but blogging has shown me the very BEST of it.  So many take the time to visit and share with me and give encouragement and tips, etc.  The notes and cards I have received from readers (some bloggers and others) are so special to me.  This is an electronic age and while blogging is computer driven, the idea of handwritten cards and/or notes is very appealing to me.

Since I am in a celebratory mood today, I thought I would share a birthday card I was asked to make for a woman who turned 102!  For this card I made it extra large and lots of bright colors for a happy mood and easy to read.  The stamps I used are from Stampers Anonymous by Tim Holtz and I thought perfect for such a fun celebration.


To incorporate her age, I used the Kelly Purkey number stickers from my Simon Says Stamp Card Kit and the pretty card stock was from there as well. I am not one for stickers normally, but figured this would be a fun way to use them.

Thank you to everyone who has visited my blog over these two years, and for all your kindness.  I hope you enjoy what I share, and I look forward to continuing with you for many years to come!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Winnie! Happy blogversary!

Jill Norwood said...

Happy 2nd Blog-a-versary Winnie! I am so glad that we met in blog-land! You are a blessing in my life!
Your card is so festive and wonderful for a special 102nd birthday! I love the sweet colors and images!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Congratulations on your second blog anniversary Winnie. Imagine being 102! The BD card you made for Rita is cute, and the big letters, a good idea.

Geri Neumann said...

Happy Happy Blog Birthday Year 2!!! Time does fly, doesn't it? Love the way you incorporated the 102 years young numbers! She's going to love your card. Nice bright colors too. Thank you for sharing your creations. Hugs, Geri

Elizabeth said...

Congrats Ms. Winnie and many many more!

Margaret said...

Congrats Winnie on your 2 year anniversary.

Lovely card - so bright and cheerful. Wow! 102! That's a long life.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!