Sunday, March 30, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies On The Brain

Did you ever watch a television show and see a food on there that you just HAD to have?  That happened to me this week.  My husband and I were watching a rerun of Throwdown with Bobby Flay and the focus was on chocolate chip cookies.  He went up against a pair of women who competed in the Ironman competition, and who have bakeries in NYC called Levain.  Their cookies looked so yummy (and as big as my head!).  I mentioned to my husband that I would love to try one of those cookies some day. Well, he was in Manhattan on Friday and picked some up.  Oh, my word, are they good.  We weren't able to eat a whole one, so we have been munching a little at a time.


If you ever visit NYC or are a local, I highly recommend a visit.  I hope someday to get up there to check it out for myself.

This weekend I was asked to make a birthday card for a little girl to give her grandma. The only information I received was that the girl and grandma bake cookies together, and since I had chocolate chip cookies on my brain, this is the card I made for her.

Supplies:
Stamps: Sweet N Sassy, Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip Wheel
Paper: Gina K Designs (White and Kraft)
Ink: Archival, Memento, Copic Marker
Misc.: Spellbinders Heart Dies, Circle Punches, Mini Cookie Cutter Embellishment

So sorry for the lack of blogging this week.  It was a bear of a week with work, jury duty and a bunch of other things.  Hope to be more active this week!

Until next time!

5 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

A cute card, I especially like the little cookie cutter attached.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

So NOT fair... now I want a fresh-baked cookie!

Cute card! Cookies are always good with a glass of milk. ;)

Geri Neumann said...

My mouth is watering for a chocolate chip cookie! lol Love your card. It's perfect for a grandma who makes cookies with her grandchild, and I absolutely adore the tiny cookie cutter you attached. Perfect! Hugs, Geri

Margaret said...

That cookie sure looks yummy! Your card is so cute and I'm sure will be welcomed.

Jodi said...

I mentioned you in my blog post. I hope that's okay. :) http://www.postingpostpartum.com/1/post/2014/03/six-blogs-i-discovered-doing-nablopomo.html

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!