Monday, March 10, 2014

Bring on Springtime!

Today we are finally experiencing the first traces of Spring (I hope!).  The sun is shining and the temperatures are in the upper 40s.  This is a much appreciated break from all the cold.  To celebrate the warmer weather, my husband and I went to the Bayard Cutting Arboretum for a walk and some lunch in their lovely tea room. The view is just splendid on a day like today.  I look forward to going back when the snow is all gone and buds start appearing all around us.

To celebrate this wonderful day, I am sharing a floral card I made for a co-worker to give his wife for her birthday. He wanted a romantic feeling card, with shades of blues and brown.  I decided to use a lovely set by Gina K Designs as I love the flower stamp which I was able to stamp repeatedly to get this pattern and the sentiment is very sweet I think.



I added a doily to give it some texture and it was colored with Weathered Wood Distress Ink to add some distressing and color to it.

Wishing you a wonderful day filled with beauty!



5 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

A pretty card. I must remember to photograph mine before giving them away.

Marcy said...

Beautiful card Winnie! Love the colors on this and just the elegance it has. The doily and twine are a perfect touch too! :)

Geri Neumann said...

Gorgeous card! Love your combination of blues and browns, really lovely! Hugs, Geri

Esther Asbury said...

Lovely card. I especially like the doily peaking out on the right side! So pretty!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love the blooms and doily! Perfectly Spring, and I do hope the weather cooperates with you!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!