Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tea Time Tuesday - Alice In Wonderland

Today I am sharing with you another tea cup from my personal collection.  It is a wonderful set depicting Alice in Wonderland.  The way the words float inside the cup is just so fun and full of whimsy.





I didn't have a hard time deciding which tea cup to share today as Alice in Wonderland has been on my mind since I was asked to make a card for a co-worker to give for a bridal shower.  The bride-to-be is having an Alice-themed shower (and wedding) so I was asked to incorporate that into a personalized card.  This was a lot of fun for me, as I happen to love Alice, and have a fabulous set of stamps that were perfect to use.  Also in my stash, I came across a tea charm that I thought would be a nice touch to add. My co-worker was thrilled today when I gave it to her.   I can't wait to hear how it is received this weekend at the shower!



I am sharing tea today at:

Tea Time Tuesday

Friends Sharing Tea

May you have a tea-riffic day!

13 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Cute teacup and a fun card Winnie. I like the little tea bag charm.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Winnie, I love the card you made. We have the same Alice tea set! My daughter has loved Alice in Wonderland forever!

SandeeNC said...

I love the card you made and I LOVE that tea cup and the way the words swirl around it!

Antiques And Teacups said...

That's perfect! I am sure she will love it! I love the Alice teacup as well. My neighbor and myself went to an Alice fund raising tea a year ago and she won the matching teapot. Wonderful! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Winnie,
Your Alice in Wonderland teacup is adorable! What a fun idea to have an A in W shower and themed wedding! Thanks for sharing this with us and joining me for tea. Have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Snap said...

I bet using the Alice in Wonderland teacup brings a smile to your face. Wonderful idea for a wedding shower. Happy Tea Day!

Tea in Texas said...

What a darling card you have created for your coworker. I am certain it will be appreciated by the bride. The Alice tea party cup and saucer is too cute especially with the swirling words. Have a delightful week!

Pam

KathyB. said...

What a clever teacup design, and an equally clever card. It is pretty special that others know you for your handwork and ask you to make something for them to give someone they love.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This is TEA-riffic!

Geri Neumann said...

Both tea cup and card are lovely. How sweet is that tea charm! Lucky recipient.....I'm sure she'll love it. Hugs, Geri

glitterandglue said...

Hello Winnie. Can't find you on this week's WOYWW (desperately tired, so may have simply missed you, but don't think so). However, YOU have won the draw for our blog having received 10,000 visits. Please do get in touch, and I can post the little parcel off to you. Trust you are well.
Take care.
Margaret margaret.diddanfa@gmail.com

Bernideen said...

What a darling card you made and your Paul Cardew cup and saucer (I sell these so I recognize) is wonderful.

Bernideen said...

What a darling card you made and your Paul Cardew cup and saucer (I sell these so I recognize) is wonderful.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!