Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tea Time Tuesday - Floral Power

This Tea Time Tuesday I am sharing a piece of my tea cup collection with you.  This bright floral set was a gift my husband gave me when we were dating as he knew daisies are my favorite flowers and they are depicted on the cup.  He bought it at the florist shop we eventually used for our wedding.  I love the shape and the happy bright colors, too.


Since I shared a floral tea cup with you, I thought I would share a floral card I made.  This card had a heat embossed image on watercolor paper, and the background was various Distress Inks and a pearl colored mist.  This card was made for someone who is sick and has a long recovery ahead of them, so I wanted it to be colorful and happy.


I think you can tell by all these florals that I am really anxious for Spring to arrive!  This week we are expecting continued frigid weather.  I hope you are experiencing some nice weather where you are!

I am sharing tea today at:

Tea Time Tuesday

Friends Sharing Tea

12 comments:

Beth in NEPA said...

What a lovely tea cup. Don't think I have seen one like that before. And I well understand the need for flowers. Back when I used to make cards flowers were my favorite thing. No nice weather here yet!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I certainly understand the need for flowers! It is perhaps our coldest day of the year but at least the snow sparkles everywhere. Your teacup is lovely. The daisies are so pretty. Your card is pretty too. Thank you for sharing and coming to tea.

Blessings,
Sandi

Felicity W said...

Very nice set. The color yellow is so warm and reminds me of sunny day.

Antiques And Teacups said...

What a pretty teacup! Lovely! And no wonder you married him! Lol! Love your card. That's so creative!
Ruth

Martha's Favorites said...

What a sweet gift from your hubby. It is so beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing this special cup with us. Blessings, Martha

Terri said...

Hello Winnie,
That is a lovely cup! Yellow is one of my favorite cup colors. The beautiful bold flowers on the outside are really nice. That is a special gift of memories. The card you have created for your friend is beautiful. The watercolor paper was a great choice and it shows in the wonderful texture. I am sorry your friend has had health challenges, and I send her love and wish her the very best on her journey to health.
Hugs,
Terri

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Winnie
So glad you joined the tea parties again this week. The teacup is pretty and so is the card, it should give the recipient a lift.

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

unique teacup! liking (=

Geri Neumann said...

Winnie, What a thoughtful hubby you have! You're very lucky. Beautiful tea cup and card. Love the little butterfly on the card....just the perfect embellishment! Hugs, Geri

Kristie W. said...

I love daisies! Your teacup is so pretty and I love the background on your card!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such a pretty and dainty card!

Rosemary said...

What a beautiful and vibrant tea cup!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!