Sunday, April 7, 2013

In Memory of Charlie (Pet Sympathy Card)

Hi, guys! Hope you are having a lovely weekend.  For today, I am sharing a card I made for a fellow blogger (and now friend) Bee.  She needed a card to send to a family member who lost their dog named Charlie.  Bee remembered I made one a few weeks ago for a friend and asked me to tailor a card for her and to somehow incorporate his name.  I decided to use a banner with his name on it, and heat embossed the paw prints to give them a wet (muddy) look.

Supplies:
Stamps:Vap! Scrap, Rubber Stampede
Paper: Desert Storm Enviromental, Gina K Designs
Ink: Versafine Black, Prisma Colored Pencils
Misc.: Clear Embossing Powder, Spellbinders Dies, Lawn Fawn Banner Die

I am sorry for the family's loss, and hope the card brings some bit of comfort to them.

Until next time!!

8 comments:

Margaret said...

This is so sweet and I love your banner with Charlie's name on it. Having lost a kitty recently and received some sweet notes from friends, I know this will be so welcome.

Corinne Rodrigues said...

This is such a sweet gesture and such a lovely card too!

Visiting from NaBloPoMo.
http://from7eight.com/the-language-of-angels/

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

So sweet...you are a doll for doing this! Cute card!

Tania said...

I'm sure the card will be much appreciated. It's sweet. The image and the paw prints are sure to bring a smile to their faces.

Joyce said...

Such a sweet card for a sad occasion.

Barb said...

Thanks again so much, Winnie! Although we all miss Charlie, I sure hope my sister-in-law and her husband love the card as much as we do (it is en route) and brings them a bit of comfort.

Esther Asbury said...

Once again I love how you personalize things -- can't find something like that in the card aisle of any store! Love those big paw prints too!

Xiomara | Equis Place said...

What a beautiful card for Charlie. I'm sure the owners were comforted by it.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!