Friday, April 12, 2013

First Holy Communion Card (For A Girl)

Hi, guys! Today I am sharing a card I was commissioned to make for a friend.  Her niece is making her First Holy Communion in May and she wanted a personalized card for her.  I was able to make her blonde like Madeleine using Distress Markers.  The card is embossed, and I used various Spellbinders Dies to frame the image. The flowers are paper, and I used Distress Inks to apply a touch of color to them.

Supplies:
Stamps: Catholic Rubber Stamps
Paper: Gina K Designs, Papertrey Ink
Ink: Black Archival, Distress Markers
Misc.: Spellbinders Dies, Flowers, Gems

Wishing Madeleine and her family many blessings as they celebrate this Holy Sacrament.

Until next time!

9 comments:

Joanne said...

This is a sweet card Winnie. I thought of you earlier this week when I chopped romaine lettuce down to its heart and when I looked at it and it kind of looked like celery heart I couldn't help but think - cabbage rose stamp!

Katie said...

Very sweet.

SandeeNC said...

Madeleine is going to treasure this card forever! It's beautiful! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, love your visits! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Xiomara | Equis Place said...

First word that came to my head was "sweet" and I see others thought the same. Beautiful is another.

Marcy said...

Beautiful card Winnie! I don't know if you remember last year when my stamps came in too late? Well they've been sitting here now almost and year and your card just reminded me of that! I can't wait to get started since 1st Communion over here will be in May! I know Madeleine will love her card! :)

Barb said...

Such a sweet card! I love how it's trimmed in pink.

Emkay said...

Lovely card! I'm sure it will be treasured.

Ann said...

I think I would love your stamp collection! The is a very sweet card!

Tania said...

Such a beautiful card.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!