Monday, April 8, 2013

Boy Scout Troop Recovery After Hurricane Sandy

Hi, guys! Hope all is well.  I thought I would share what my family was up to a few weekends ago.  My sister has 4 children and all take part in scouting.  As you may recall, Long Island (where we live) was hit hard during Hurricane Sandy.  The boy scout troop lost all their belongings (camping gear and supplies) that they had stored in their storage locker.   We are aware, in the scheme of things, how lucky we are as we kept our homes and so many weren't as fortunate.   The boys held a fundraiser breakfast.  The parents of the kids waited tables and served the breakfast and the monies raised will go to purchasing replacements for some of their lost belongings.




Meet my 4 nieces/nephews from Long Island:




I think it is wonderful how the kids are learning to join together and work hard when things "knock you down."   I am so blessed to have these sweet kids in my life!

Here's wishing all those who are still suffering from the aftermath of the storm soon find life returning to normal as soon as possible, and know that others are praying for you.

Until next time!

6 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Aw, Winnie - what a beautiful family! THat's so sad to learn of their scouting loss. My daughter has been a Girl Scout for 8 years now and I know how important the troop banding together is. This is a great outreach and I hope that the community banded together to give a little to such an important cause! Blessings!

Anonymous said...

The kids did an amazing job! Thanks for all the support. Shannon

Esther Asbury said...

I love seeing kids being taught to care about others! You certainly do have some great kids in your life!

Unknown said...

How awesome!

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Tania said...

Great photos. I'm so sorry for your losses. What a wonderful lesson you're teaching the kids by having them work together to replace the items. Hope it was a big success!

Xiomara | Equis Place said...

The storm caused horrific damage down here in the Lower East Side of NYC as well. I hope the fundraiser went well!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!