Friday, July 6, 2012

Say "Happy Birthday" with Butterflies!

Hi, guys! TGIF!  It is another brutal day temperature-wise here in NYC.  We have a real hot weekend ahead as well.  I am really hoping it breaks soon.  I am not sure if my garden or I can stand much more of it.  We are both wilting pretty badly.

For today, I thought I would share a card I made for my friend's husband's birthday.  Christine loves butterflies and that they always remind her husband of her.  So, I made this card.  I used three butterflies to symbolize the 3 members of their young family. I heat embossed the background and it really shines nicely in real life.  I really love the Zing embossing powders.  I find the colors are so vibrant and bold.


Supplies:
Stamps: CC rubber stamps (Sentiment), Stamp Camp (Background)
Paper: Hero Arts Note card in Pool, Husk card stock The Ink Pad NYC, Gina K Designs White, Lilybeedesign (Buttercup),True Hemp Hemptique
Ink: Versamark, Archival Ink
Misc.: Zing Embossing Powder, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Gems

Christine loved the card when I gave it to her.  Wishing Seth a very Happy Birthday!

I hope you all have a great weekend and find some time to do something you love.  You can bet I will!




13 comments:

Diane said...

What a great card, Winnie! I love the summery colors and the little butterflies!!! TFS! Hope you have a great weekend!

Diane

Kathy said...

What a beautiful card! Butterflies have a very special place in my heart, as when I see them they make me think of my baby girl Molly who left this world too soon. Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

Aw how sweet are you, and is your card. It is so nice! Love it lady!

Journey of Life said...

I must say that this is one of my favorite! I love butterflies!

my heart's love songs said...

someday i'm going to try my hand at card-making, though i know i won't be able to do anything as delightful and professional as you! you're a real inspiration, Winnie! thank you!

Unknown said...

Winnie, what a beautifull card! I always love butterflies and this card has a bit of a spring feeling about it. I really like it! We had some hot days here aswell. although it rained the whole day yesterdag it's still very hot. I guess those are the days I dislike the most; rain + hot at the same time. O well, before we know it summer is over and we can start complaining about the rain and snow and storms... ;-P Greetz Dee

Emkay said...

Really pretty. Those butterflies are so cute too!

Ann said...

I like the meaning behind the card - sweet! Very interested in some of the processes you use. Have you posted a step by step?

Anonymous said...

Love this card!!!!


Irvina

Marcy said...

Beautiful card Winnie! I like your technique of the embossed background and the cute butterflies! :)

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Very creative! I love the way you beaded the bodies of the butterflies and the knotting. I like the symbolism behind the butterflies too. Thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog. Blessings!

Unknown said...

Hi Winnie, Thank you for your lovely comment! :-)
I hope you've enjoyed your time with your parents and that you had the relaxed evening you hoped for today! Have a great day tomorrow and every other day that follows! Greetz Dee

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!!!! I love the background!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!