Friday, July 20, 2012

July Design Team Submissions III- The Finale

Hi, guys!  Hope all is well.  Today I will be sharing the final cards for the July Design Team Submissions of The Ink Pad NYC.

The first card I am going to share with you today incorporates both stamping and using dies for the butterflies.  I used images from Stampers Anonymous from the Nature's Discovery Set.  I also sprayed Dylusions spray inks on paper and cut out tiny butterflies using The Memory Box Die Butterfly Delights. They are so adorable!  Using the spray this way made them all different.   The background was embossed using the Tim Holtz embossing folder Honeycomb.




For the last card, I decided to use black glossy cardstock for the base.  I used Maya Road Stamps for the butterflies.  I am really enjoying the new Summer Distress Ink colors, so I used them for the images.  I used twine for the butterfly trails.  To make them stiff, I used Claudine Hellmuth Matte Medium.




My four-month term on the design team is ending this month.  I want to thank The Ink Pad NYC for allowing me to be on their first design team.  It meant a lot to me and I hope you enjoyed my creations. It sure was a lot of fun for me.

Hope you find a few moments in your day to do something you love!


7 comments:

Notes from Maggie's Farm said...

What a coup it was for THEM to have you on their design team!

Patti Hodder said...

Winnie - can you believe that our four month term is over! Wow, that went fast. Your work is beautiful and I love your blog. I hope to be up and running and blogging someday soon!!

Emkay said...

Two great cards. I love the sprayed background on the first and the way the butterflies on the second say soar.

Margaret said...

Just beautiful. Love your background and the little bitty butterflies.

CarrollAnn (~CA~) said...

I've never used black glossy paper. I'm going to have to look for it now! What a lovely card!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Winnie, I LOVE your butterfly cards, they all look so amazing! I'm sure they all enjoyed and loved your creations for the Ink Pad design team, just like I enjoy checking out your cards! Thank you for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog. The idea that you would be willing to pick up something I can't seem to get around here is bringing tears to my eyes, it's so sweet of you!! Thank you so much for being so kind, you are a true friend. Hugs, Dee

Anonymous said...

Love your butterflies


Irvina

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!