Saturday, July 21, 2012

Not Bob, But Lee The Builder

Hi, guys!  Hope everything is well. I am really looking forward to some R & R this weekend.

I thought I would share a card I made for a friend's brother.  My friend asked me to make a special card for her brother Lee, as he is currently building her a house and she wanted a special "thank you" to him. She fondly refers to him as "Lee the Builder," so I wanted to make sure I included that.  I went through my stamps and found a whimsical house set by Claudine Hellmuth that had some great images that I knew I had to use.  I watercolored the sky and grass with Distress Inks, and used my Distress Markers to color all the images.


Supplies:
Paper: Stampin' Up
Stamps: Claudine Helluth Studio
Inks: Distress Inks, Black Archival, Distress Markers
Misc.: Memory Box Cloud Dies, Tim Holtz Ribbon

This was a fun card for me to make.  I haven't had time lately to watercolor and it was so relaxing to do.

Hope you have a great weekend!   I hope you find time for some fun and relaxation!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That is such a perfect card for the occasion! I love the stamps, they are just so cute!

Dizzy Ms. Lizzy said...

Well, how cute is this? What a great idea!

paige said...

Winnie this card is great! I love that it is personalized for the builder!

Kathy said...

What a beautiful and creative card Winnie! I am impressed. Great work!

Ann said...

Such a cute one! I love how you included the tape measure.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!