Monday, July 2, 2012

June Design Team Submissions - Home Sweet Home

Hi, guys!  I am sharing the final June submissions for The Ink Pad NYC design Team. These final cards each feature Hero Arts stamps and they feature some rather funky and fun-looking house designs.

For this first one, I kept it fun and decided to make the house a bit whimsical and went for some fun bright flowers.  I was given some bakers twine, and thought it would be fun to use that as the smoke coming from the chimney.  I used distress inks for the sky and ground.





I made this last card while watching my beloved New York Mets lose to the New York Yankees in the Subway Series.  If you follow baseball, you will know how crushing it is to watch your team lose over and over.  I think I was channeling the Mets by using their colors!  The background stamp I used on this was from Impression-Obsession called Graph Paper.   I used twine to make a banner and used some tags from Vintage Street for the sentiment.  I think this card would be fun to give to someone who bought a new house, or for any fun occasion. The inks used were Archival and, of course, distress ink.  I have been using distress ink so much lately that I am beginning to wonder: if I cut myself, will I bleed distress ink?





Have a great day!  Stay cool, and have some fun!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the second one the best! :D

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Kimberlee said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) I think it is really clever to use the twine for smoke. Cute idea and cards. :)

Electrician In Brisbane said...

Adorable cards. I like them both, but the first one just brought back some good ol memories. Thanks for that and for sharing these. :)

Unknown said...

Very cute cards Winnie! Love the twine fo smoke idea.

Diane said...

I love the paper pieced house in the first card! Thanks for introducing yourself on my blog! :-)

Happy Stamping!

Journey of Life said...

Simply lovely!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!