Wednesday, July 18, 2012

July Design Team Submissions II - Fluttering By

Hi, guys! Hope you are all doing well today.  I am sitting here in front of my air conditioner (literally!) as I write this post.  I am sure hoping this heat breaks before it breaks me!

I thought I would share the next two cards I made for the July Design Team of The Ink Pad NYC.  The theme this month was butterflies.  I also had to incorporate the Ranger Dylusion sprays, and wooden buttons.

I decided to use dies instead of stamps for the butterflies this time.  I used the Memory Box (Moonlight Butterfly) die to cut out some butterflies after I sprayed the papers with  Dylusions sprays.  It was a fun way to add color to them.  The background is embossed with a Tim Holtz Embossing folder. I also decided to spray the wood button and it worked great. The sentiment I stamped on the butterfly is from Maya Road.


For this next card, I decided to use one large butterfly from Hero Arts/Basic Grey from the Butterflies Print set.  I thought it would be fun for this one to keep it one solid color to show the print on it.  I scored the card along the bottom and inserted the sentiment there.  I thought this green and brown wooden button would go nice with it.



Hope you like these cards.  It is a lot of fun sharing them with you.  I hope you find a few moments in your day to do something you love!   Until next time!

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Love your butterfly cards and your sentiments are so perfect. Love that Hero Arts card. Very striking.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Both of these butterfly cards are amazing. Love the misty look of the butterflies in your first card and how you left the center one to hold your sentiment.

Can't get enough butterflies, so flutter on!

Dizzy Ms. Lizzy said...

I really like the layout of the second card. Very simple, clean lines, and just plain cute. Good job on them! :)

Anonymous said...

I love how the butterflies are placed on the card and that all three are a different kind of green.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful butterfly creations.

Kathy said...

Gorgeous cards! I think I shared with you on a previous post that butterflies have a special place in my heart. So I love seeing the card designs you create with them. Thank you for sharing!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!