Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 236th Birthday, America!

Hi, guys!  Hope you are having a great Fourth of July!  My husband and I are staying home this year as it is mid-week and don't feel like running around in this heat.  We are going to spend time working on my stamp room and having a barbecue.

I thought I would share a few cards I made for the holiday (yes, I sent a few Fourth of July cards!).  This first one was made for our friend Michael.  He is a history professor and actually sent us a card and noted that it is the 236th birthday of our great country.


Stamps: Viva Las Vegas Stamps, Papertrey Ink
Paper: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Memento Black
Misc.: Really Reasonable Ribbon, Copic Markers, Felt Star


The next two cards I made for our parents.  I used the splatter technique that Tim Holtz showed for his new July 2012 tag. I thought it would be fun to use on these.  They mimic fireworks.




Stamps:  Stampsmith, Papertrey Ink
Paper: Ranger Gloss White, Papertrey Ink White
Ink: Archival Black (for Lady Liberty), Alcohol Inks, Archival Blue (Sentiments), Stampin' Up Red
Misc: Really Reasonable Ribbon, Tim Holtz Vintage Labels 

May each of you have a safe and fun-filled holiday!  I hope you will join me in taking a moment from our festivities to give thanks for this great nation and for all those who are currently serving in our military who are sacrificing so much to keep us safe and sound.


10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love these cards!! They are wonderfull winnie!

Unknown said...

Winnie, thank you for your lovely comments! The weather here is getting better (more sunny!) and today is a hot day, finaly! But, we get all sorts of weather; from heat-waves to snowstorms, depending on the season. It's just that some summers turn out pretty rainy and then the winter starts again. Hopefully not this year!

I bought some magnetic-sheets and I've put them in plastic sleeves which go into a binder. I hope it will turn out to be a good working storage solution for me! I'm still waiting for my spellbinders and couting down the days untill my b-day! (august 9th, just 1 month away!) Can't wait to get started with my big shot!

Emkay said...

Love those splatter fireworks! And the image on the first card is adorable.

Ann said...

Really love the splatter fireworks too! I don't make cards that often but wish I had documented them like you do!

Unknown said...

Those are great cards Winnie! Hope your holiday was pleasant. Happy Thursday!

Joanne said...

I really like your work. It has kind of a mod-Victorian feel. Very cool.

B.R. said...

Hey Winnie,
Thanks for this post. I really liked the splatter/fireworks cards. Thanks too for the reminder to give thanks for those sacrificing in military service.

Keep up the good work!

Journey of Life said...

Way too cute! --Love the cow one!

Maureen said...

Moo-velous!

Anonymous said...

Nice just love your work!!!


Irvina

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!