Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Silent Night, Holy Night

Hi, guys! Hope all is well!  Today I am sharing a Christmas card I made for a friend's son.  I knew I used my nativity stamps the last few years on her cards, but I wanted my card to reflect the birth of Christ, so this is what I came up with.


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts, Papertrey Ink
Paper: Gina K Designs
Ink: Versamark
Misc: White and Silver Embossing Powder

I thought using the Star would be a perfect way to make this a Christmas scene. I really love when I can make scenes using stamps from different lines together.  It really is a fun way to get more out of your stamps.

The use of the white and silver embossing really stands out nicely against the navy background.

I am entering this in the following challenge:

http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/2013/10/challenge-101-anything-goes.html

Until next time!

9 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Wonderful, Winnie! Your card is so peaceful and serene - the absolute loveliest of holidays and your card is a perfect represention of that! :)

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I love how the star sticks out. Awesome!!

vic said...

Hi Winnie wow your card is just gorgeous :) I love the way you have used your stamps and the embossing finishes off the card perfectly :)

Have a lovely week

Hugs

Vic

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful. I like to make handmade cards too. ~Melissa

kel Acopan said...

this is just beautiful. i love the silver and blue combo... so elegant!

lovies, =o) kel

Jo Ann said...

This is a great black and white card. Love the simplicity and the embossing. Thanks for blessing us with your artwork at Word Art Wednesday and would love to see you back for our new Challenge. Hugs and blessings!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Lovelytl33 said...

Wow, very pretty! I'm not very crafty so I have to buy mine in boxes from Target. I always wonder if I'm sending out the same card everyone else is sending. This is unique and sweet. Good job!

Heather said...

A beautiful card, a lovely design and colour scheme, your sparkling images and sentiment is stunning!!

Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Tania said...

So sophisticated; I love it a lot.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!